• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login and user account screwed up.

LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My user account is completely blank. I have been a member since december 2009 and have not had any activity. On the forums where I normally post my name is mangled. Logging off and logging in does not correct it.

What can be done about that? I suggest you reset the user accounts again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm,

I believe John will be here soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for the John we knew, weekend

s were sacred, so I wouldn't expect any help until

Monday. But Harm may be lucky.

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm,

I am seeing some anomalies today (August 07, 2010), though not with log-ins. What I am seeing a lot of is 1 and 2 year old threads at the top of the forum thread lists for me. These are not threads, to which anyone has replied in those years. Not sure why so many have jumped to the top of the list. They are NOT showing as having been "Updated," just occupying top spots in several fora.

Now, this does not address what you are experiencing, but I throw it out as an oddity in the fora, this AM. Something seems to have "come loose" somewhere.

Good luck, and hope that Adobe Admin can get your profile back.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread  aparty or Parties have been spamming old threads and the the mods put the kabosh on the Spam it registers as new activity. yet when you go there to look all you see is is post 2 years old.

Perhaps when a Post is placed in archive it should be set as read only? Is that possible?

I use email notices and the threads have a URL link in it at least 5 complete lines Long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I did see comments on that activity. In Harm's case, he became Harm Millaard with added characters to his identity. This has happened to several users, as evidenced by the threads on that subject in this forum.

Back to the "zombie" threads, what I find odd is that the "Updated" tag is not there. The spam, and its removal, sounds perfectly logical, but wonder why "Updated" is missing?

Thanks for the comment,

Hunt

[Edit] Phillip, it looks like one spammer hit most of those threads, as they were reported in the spam collection post. My guess is that the MOD's just killed all the posts, from the profile, and that that cleared the replies, and probably circumvented the "Updated" tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, lost identities are a relative

ly frequent occurrence that does not seem to be in any way related wit

h spam attacks. After the affected person reports such cases in this forum, they are normally and quickly solved by JC who, in the good old days, never appeared around here during weekends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I agree. When I posted the comments about things getting wonky, I was unaware of a flood of spam, and realized that the two incidents are not related. The fora were got going pear-shaped, it was just that spam was being posted to older threads (now to newer threads), but many had been removed by the MOD's, so there were no new posts showing - just the original 1 - 2 year old posts. Now I know what was causing problem A. Harm got nailed by problem B. I have PM'ed him (both personae) to tell him what has happened to him. I'm sure that he'll get at least one of those, and can track down who he became, while he was asleep in Amsterdam. As you point out, it's happened to many. Think that you were recently "bitten."

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was "bitten" many months a

go (touching wood).

Extra line break kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, according to the mass spammer's profile,

last spam message

was 56 minutes ago. Also touching wood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked, and all listed in the profile had been removed. Guess that the Report Abuse worked. Now, let us hope that this subscriber is removed.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm,

Seems that your identity has been altered. Here is who you are now:

Harm Millaard-xl0E3l

This has happened to many, and Adobe Admin. has been able to correct things. Might not be until Monday.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2010 Aug 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read this?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613050?tstart=0

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't. Excellent. It shou

ld be included in the list of workarounds I am proposing to add as a sticky to

pic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I followed the instructions, but no help. Thanks for trying though.

What happens:

1. Log in in the usual way (user ID and password) and leave Remember Me unticked (It never worked anyway), press Sign In and nothing happens, just the entry fields are cleared.

2. Log in again and it loads with the usual name, but the profile is blank, as if you were a new user without any activity.

This is with the usual user name of Harm Millaard.

My 'old' name has been scrambled to http://forums.adobe.com/people/Harm%20Millaard-xl0E3l

No way to access my PM's or do anything with my usual account.This is now the third day this happens, it started Friday and still is not solved. Guess I have to wait till Tuesday to be resolved (due to the time difference).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm, I am afraid you'll probably have to be patient for some futher 24 hours. Unless you are lucky, and JC connects to this site today from wherever he may be. Which happens sometimes.

Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting another 24 hours, so it now is up to 72 hours, and still no repairs. I wonder when this magical JC will get around to it or have I overstayed my welcome here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gues he trying to find proper sized sledge hammer. or his might be vacationing. As hot as it is would be a great time to go to Alaska.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. 96 hours waiting and still nothing. When is this going to be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay. Got all distracted by the thread drift and never got to the real issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for restoring my user account.

I noticed however that the Author field is now extended and the Subject field is now very small, causing the topic header to take up to 4 or 5 lines, only in the Premiere Pro CS5 page, not in the Hardware page.

11-8-2010 17-20-16.jpg

11-8-2010 17-21-26.jpg

Maybe something screwed up the page layout for the Premiere Pro CS5 page.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm,

Though I had no issues with my log-ins, I notice that the PrPro CS4 and Earlier forum also has the Subject box issue, and it now breaks on about 12 -16 characters. The Video Lounge and the PrElements forum are as before. This happened over the last few days. Not sure if the MOD's were fritzing around, or something happened at a higher level.

Glad to have you back,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm,

Just noticed that this THREAD with the posters long screen name, coincided with the change in the Subject box. Maybe it was NOT the MOD's, but this screen name, that extended the Author box?

Also noticed that CS4 and Earlier is now back to the way it was, as far as the Subject box - it's now expanded again. Maybe a long screen name has gone far enough down the list to allow "proper" display?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That usually happens if someone posts a long topic name with no spaces in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, I think it is the long user name:  AustWebStudio Western Australia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines