• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login every time again and again and again and again...

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when is this going to get fixed. I wasn't even gone an hour and the actual login takes forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this problem got solved for me when the new forums became active...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me its even worse now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, though I had it before as well. I wouldn't say its worse, I'd just say its unchanged. That said, I doubt it has anything to do with the forums and everything to do with logging into adobe.com. It just seems like the its the forums because now you have to use the adobe.com login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the WebX forums you could stay logged in indefinitely, even from several machines. I'd like that back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

In the WebX forums you could stay logged in indefinitely, even from several machines. I'd like that back.

Oh boy; if only!

The combination of the lousy forum navigation and continuually being logged out for no reason, means it's goodbye from me.

I just don't have the time to wrestle with this rubbish.  

At least I'm not the only one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also logged out after every window closing event. At the very top of the screen, it says "Welcome SuperMacGuy" (above home-solutions-products links) but in the bar just below the word Forum it does not recognize me. When I log in I choose "remember me", but I guess that's just for laughs.

Please Fix!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're being welcomed at the very top, you are logged in to Adobe.com.

However, this does not mean you are necessarily logged in to the forums.

But if you log in at the top (Your Account) - you will be logged in to the forums. But you might not stay that way.

'Remember me' just fills in your details for you at the log-in form, it doesn't keep you logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

The combination of the lousy forum navigation and continuually being logged out for no reason, means it's goodbye from me.

I just don't have the time to wrestle with this rubbish.  

At least I'm not the only one!

It's a very, very sad state of affairs when I agree even with JJ. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things really are bad when I am asked to login, but I am still listed above under Welcome: DonRIcklin.

See screen shot attached!

Don.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcomed at the very top = logged in to Adobe.com

Welcomed further down = logged into forums.

Not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Welcomed at the very top = logged in to Adobe.com

Welcomed further down = logged into forums.

Not the same.

Well maybe it should be! Seems when I log into the forum, if I'm not logged in above, it does that too, should work in reverse, as well!

Silly stuff.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stayed  login from Last night when the Forums went on air until about 3 pm (EST) then had to re login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have to re-login each time my browser is started anew. obviously, I got used to being logged in since 2004 with no need to sign in. What Jive Turkey decided this kind of "security" was needed at a place where I ask Photoshop questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jimhere wrote:

I too have to re-login each time my browser is started anew. obviously, I got used to being logged in since 2004 with no need to sign in. What Jive Turkey decided this kind of "security" was needed at a place where I ask Photoshop questions?

well jim, i think that since they've tied the forums to your actual adobe store account where you may store registration, and even credit card info for adobe store purchases, a little extra security might not be such a bad thing...  now don't get me started again about the wisdom of that tie in, but that's where we're at...

cheers, dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry davemilbut, I didn't think of that. As I said, I got used to a different way years ago. This must be why I have to sign into Kuler every time, too.

Lucky for me, this is a forum and not a court of law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hear ya!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

jimhere wrote:

well jim, i think that since they've tied the forums to your actual adobe store account where you may store registration, and even credit card info for adobe store purchases, a little extra security might not be such a bad thing...  now don't get me started again about the wisdom of that tie in, but that's where we're at...

cheers, dave

So does this mean this bug can never be fixed?  That's going to be a show-stopper for a lot of the folks that visit very frequently (you know, the contributers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is being checked into.  But it is not happening to everyone.  Ive been on since midnight last night and not had to re-login (except to test another ID)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add one more that it happens to.  Using Firefox on Mac Book Pro.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was logged in from Sunday Night when the sytem first came on until about 3 pm EST yearteday and had to re sign in Iam still logged as of this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an earlier post in this same thread, I reported that the problem had been solved for me once the new forums were activated. I wrote that because I remained logged after last night overnight shutdow, both in my Mac desktop and in my Vista laptop. And I have stayed logged in almost all day. Unfortunately,starting some 3-4 hours ago, I have been constantly kicked out on both machines after an undetermined period of inactivity. So I am joining the crowd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good thing is we can read posts without logging in. I'm afraid, though, that what is going to happen is far fewer people are going to help other people by replying just because it's too damn time-consuming to do so.

I wish they hadn't made the kind of login page that Firefox doesn't recognize as something it should remember.  Remember me does NOT remember my password -- and neither do I!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they fixed it.

Seems OK to me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am now able to remain logged in on XP/Firefox.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines