• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login every time again and again and again and again...

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when is this going to get fixed. I wasn't even gone an hour and the actual login takes forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. I've had times when it shows logged in or not in either or both spots...

just hitting refresh before posting (for me, when switching tabs) will take care of this. if you've timed out, the "login/register" link will appear instead of your name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you've timed out, the "login/register" link will appear instead of your name

I hope this stops soon. It's bad enough getting around in this treacle pudding when you are logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been logged out by the Adobe servers 4 times in the last 5 hours!  I have NOT closed my browser, so it's the cookie that's messed up.  I refresh the page, to see if there are any new posts etc and when it comes back, I am logged out.  what a PITA.

Get the COOKIES right!!!

Like you John, it matters not if there is a full shutdow or not, the forum simply logs one out at will.  great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no pattern to whether I remain logged in or not.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn!  Logged out again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omcpDN6ncXM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since some are playing a little I can do one better

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8pcEl5ItXM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8pcEl5ItXM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a quick pass through a few threads, opened another site and 15 minutes later returned to find I had been logged out again.  The is ridiculous.

MacPro

OS X(10.5.6)

Safari(3.2.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too. and again... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was logged in this morning when a launched my browser.  However, after leaving the house for 45 minutes I returned to find I had been logged out AGAIN.  Is there any hope this is going to get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

logged out about an hour or so ago. logged in... but before i could answer, i had to get back to something else. in the old forums i would've been through 3 or more topics and maybe provided an answer to one or 2. instead i got to view and answer a grand total of ZERO.  nice system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was logged in this morning when a launched my browser.  However, after leaving the house for 45 minutes I returned to find I had been logged out AGAIN.

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snap

Grr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its seems that there is no rhyme or reason to the login and out. I'll be logged in one minute then click on a new forum and all the reply buttons are gone. This has got to be the flakiest forum. Even the Apple forum doesn't log you out in the middle of a session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone want to guess what i had the pleasure to do again just now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it take more or less than 5 minutes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. three times today. had been about a  day or day and half.

it will get to the point where you login in every post. Won't that be fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CRAP!

I turned my back and got logged out again!  Is this problem really this hard to fix or have we already reached the level of (in)competence of Jive Software.  I'm not getting a good feeling about this New and Improved edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Today I have only been checking the site sporadically so I have had to log in 4 or 5x already (any time I don't reload for more than an hour, I think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh... having to sign in at least once a day, sometimes more, means I am reading less

If it wasn't for the fact that I still do LEARN about the various Adobe programs I use (Acrobat & Dreamweaver & Photoshop at work, Premiere & Encore at home) I'd just go away for a week (or two... three...???) and come back later once all the setup issues are solved

But, since I do learn something once in awhile, and have no idea when that "ah ha" message may post... I keep checking in every day, and hoping the forum will be faster and cookies will work better

I use Forte Agent for newsgroup access to a few other discussion areas... and will have to say that if I had been used to NNTP access to Adobe forums, then had to come to these forums, I might just quit and find somewhere else to read

Speed and cookies are my two gripes, so I hope both improve in the near future

One thing I am doing is, when I see a subject I want to read, I right click and open in a new tab... works much better than directly clicking a link and then having to go back to the starting page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've resisted whining in this forum about EVERY. SINGLE. INSTANCE. where I had to log-in, or about being logged-out mid-posting-procedure.

But I WILL post about this little head-scratcher:

I did a full round of system maintenance with ONYX last night, the whole way through to full shut down. Rebooted a couple hours later, and logged in.

Put my system to sleep, and 6 hours later, woke it up and checked back in here.

Still logged in.

Haven't gotten logged out all day, which has been about 8 hours since I woke my system from sleep until the time of this posting.

Wot's that all about, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the complete flip side of all this. I remained logged in all day yesterday, after a restart of my browser. Something I rarely do. This morring I see that I am logged out, again! But when I click on the Login/Register link I get nothing for minutes at a time, Even closing the Tab and reopening it.

So I Quit the browser and start again (Camino 1.6.7 with all tabs/windows reopening as I had them) and low and behold I am STILL LOGGED IN!

So what is with THAT? I was still actually logged in all that time even though the browser page said I wasn't. Curiouser and curiouser!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like adobe.com was toast. i just got in after almost 2 hours of trying. i was getting nothing going to the coldfusion servers for login. nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines