• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login every time?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I come to these forums every once and awhile, and EVERY TIME I have to login and type my password. Seriously? I don't think it's a huge security risk to just leave it signed in, or at least let Firefox autofill the password.

Scroll to Forums.

Click Photoshop Forum.

Oh that's right, I'm not logged in, even though I was just here yesterday.

Login.

Type password. Again.

Scroll to forums.

Click Photoshop forum.

Forget what I came here to lookup in the first place.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue, sucks badly, everyone hates it, supposedly being fixed on but no news about it at all that I've seen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll be lucky if you don't get logged out while posting and lose your post. It's been complained about long and loud since before the new forums went live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then.

I'd say knowing I wasn't the only one was more comforting, but it isn't. Crap is still crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Crap is still crap

Yes... but this is, according to what I've read, not part of the general crapiness of these forums

The ID and PW you use to login here is the same one used at the Adobe store (I think this was a BAD decision) so Adobe has had the forums set to a short cookie period for security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so there was at least some reasoning behind the short time, albeit poor reasoning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save some buck by lot deploying another blad server to hold the login database, didn't want to over work the poor soul (instead hiring a helper), and a paranoia for security. Fear that people on the forums will spill trade secrets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erm ...       Yes!   —   definitely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ficholasnorneris wrote:

Ah, so there was at least some reasoning behind the short time, albeit poor reasoning.

Don't confuse incompetent panicking with deliberate reasoning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ficholasnorneris wrote:

Well then.

I'd say knowing I wasn't the only one was more comforting, but it isn't. Crap is still crap.

That's right. It's literal crap, and they're trying to clean it. But you can't clean a turd!

And someone kill seakitten54. Preferably intact so he can be fried up later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spamming in the Lions Den eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2009 Aug 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I close Firefox I am forced to login again even if I restart Firefox immediately.

This is  worse than what it was a few weeks ago.

Can the Jive people fix nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the problem and it wasn't Jive.

If you have Firefox set to "Private Browsing", you will have the problem described in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, people seem to complain about problems with that browser a lot.

Anyway, it's still a problem and it's not browser specific, maybe not as bad as that but we shouldn't have to login every **** day.  Obviously Adobe cares very much about this major flaw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great Jive, I had to do an update/edit on that post twice before it took effect, and I even did a page reload after the first edit just to make sure it wasn't an old cached page.  Rubbish forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines