Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long friggin' title copied to post content by host

Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copied from title:

'AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVvWwXxYyZz ...AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVvWwXxYyZz ...AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVvWwXxYyZz AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVvWwXxYyZz AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRr

Character limit on "Subject" thread title?

Might not be a bad idea, to wit...the "test" in this thread and a real world example, shown below:

Picture 1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gee, thanks Phos!  you broke the interweb thingy!  your thread title was/is too wide for the little forum window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos, or someone, can you please edit the thread title, as I cannot even see the updated post notices to click my way, with one click, to the last message posted.

It's pretty annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

I cannot even see the updated post notices to click my way, with one click, to the last message posted.

It's pretty annoying!

EXACTLY!

There's no way that what I did in the first post should break stuff so badly that it kills the experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in full agreement, Phos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW...I had no idea that the title I started with would bust up the forum so badly. I just wanted to find out how many characters were allowed in the "subject" field. (It's 255, in case anybody's wondering.)

After you posted thast first reply, I couldn't go back and change the title.

And I HATE that we're locked out of editing our own replies in a thread after someone has replied to it.

In the WebX forums, I'll bet I've gone back to edit 75-80% of the posts I made—for clarity, spelling, grammar, stuff like that— often after subsequent posts had been made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...

255 characters might NOT be the "Subject" field limit.

I just counted the characters in the example thread I posted a screen shot of, above.

It has 256 characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

gee, thanks Phos!  you broke the interweb thingy!  your thread title was/is too wide for the little forum window

Heh... I was just adding a note to my first post about how a thread title like that breaks the formatting when you replied.

It serves as an example of one more thing that should have been tested, and fixed, before they opened the barn door.

Seriously, there's no call at all for something like that to happen. I didn't want to pile on, but I have to agree with what others have been saying, that Jive and this forum platform is an amateur piece of work. I sure hope Adobe didn't enter into any sort of long-term contract with them, or that there are clauses that allow them to break the contract if the software doesn't perform the way it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief!

Tonight, ladies and gentlemen it's The Amateur Hour, featuring Jive Software! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, "host!"

I couldn't fix it.

And it's pretty dang funny/stupid that the asterisks replacing "f r i g g i n ' " show up in the thread index, but the actual ::cough:: 'bad' ::cough:: word appears everywhere else.

I swear, the evidence of amateurishness keep coming out of the woodwork the more we notice how these forums perform.

Lamerz!

Picture 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines