• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looks like these forums won't be here much longer.

Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2009/10/the_new_adobe_community_help.html

These crappy forums are a stop gap measure. We can't have a help community it clashes with Adobe's plans.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click on the link then click on link to test site?

Looks like they may have bought their own server farms instead of an outside party.

Anyway it looked identical to this except portal link was different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new help is an app that has unlimited access to your system. I did not install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yeah, it's an AIR app, but it has no more access than Photoshop does.

If there were such an application that allowed you access to these forums, and it worked correctly (it wouldn't because of the fact it has to interface with a buggy system), I'd probably be using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new help is an app that has unlimited access to your system. I did not install it.

I am not bothering to install it either.

If the Forums are not going to be accessible through a standard Browser, I am not prepared to waste my time firing up a special application just to check on what is happening in Adobe Land.

So I probably won't hear about new Versions or Upgrades; nor learn of any must-have innovations and will therefore probably not be inspired to buy new software — which is a very good thing as Nikon have just announced their new D3s!

(I have bought every Adobe upgrade that has been produced since Photoshop 2.1 and also a slew of other Adobe Products, a few of which are now included in the CS4 Suite.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't click on nor download nothing either. Funny part was they were asking for feedback on how things look and work? Adobe did not listen to users feedback for this new and improved forum so what will make anybody think that Adobe will listen to feedback for this other new program. From what I read the only people giving advice will be community experts.

Guess non-expert posters will be put out to pasture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it doesn't surprise me. And no I didn't download it either...this place is slow enough, like I want to download more slow crap.

This kinda explains why they have not went ahead with the Jive update (which will probably fix some of the problems users are seeing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe its a new way to keep people like LT out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have noticed that he has been on you like a wart on a Toad's...ahem...nevermind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Maybe its a new way to keep people like LT out.

If it is, it is then a complete failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

If it is, it is then a complete failure.

Well its still in beta and has not been implemented yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see much consequences from the Community Help App for these forums. It is just a preview of the new help app that is going to manage local help files on clients.

The only long term consequences I foresee are:

1. I expect that their search will someday add a preference so people can choose to search these forums in addition to the other resources.
  2. I hope that I will be able to obtain the code they use to login to an Adobe ID and integrate that into my app for reading these forums offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

The only long term consequences I foresee are:

1. I expect that their search will someday add a preference so people can choose to search these forums in addition to the other resources.

I wonder if it will be easier than the search function that the forums presently use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote on 10/23/2009 7:36 PM:

>> jochemd wrote :

>> 1. I expect that their search will someday add a preference so people can choose to search these forums in addition to the other resources.

>>

I wonder if it will be easier than the search function that the forums presently use.

If it were, would that be enough reason for you to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Certainly.

I find it way too difficult to search the forms as-is. If it's an improvement, then it's a step in the right direction and has my support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could use it seamlessly from Bridge, or though any Browser, then I probably would. But I wouldn't install Air just to use a search engine when Google is already fast and efficient.

I still think that the Forums need their OWN Search function and it needs to be able to go back over several years too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Shelbourne wrote:

I still think that the Forums need their OWN Search function and it needs to be able to go back over several years too.

Well they do,

search.jpg

but it's pretty useless and won't go back very far in time anyway because the old archives are not available in searchable form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me re-phrase that:

I still think that the Forums need their OWN Search function and it needs to actually work efiiciently, speedily; with single-word and whole-phrase search functions; and within selected categories and Forum databases; and it needs to be able to go back over several years too.

The current so-called "Search" does none of the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no excuse for non-functional (effectively, since nobody uses it.. I use Google) forum search.

Also if it was done right in AIR (in my biased opinion lol, w/Flex) there would be an alternate version which also runs fine in a browser window, and it would be fully accessible on any machine with Flash 9 or higher...

(Why did it need to be an AIR app?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the Elements Flex and Flash forum. More questions about software wind up here than on the proper categories it seems. How do these people get so diverted that they wind up posting on a Forum Comments portion of these forums? If they can't even navigate the forums how on earth do they expect to run software? I can't help but deduct that all of these strays are coming from the Windows side. I remember when we had real forums where real men and women answered real questions with real answers. All of that is gone.

Visions of Mad Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps it's Adobe's way of getting free support services, from those of us who refuse to offer daily free support to Adobe's users until the forum situation is fixed and Jive is GONE. 

It does work, kinda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the update tonight and the one on Sunday will make the forums better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do those "Updates" include the replacement of this Forum's "Moderator"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. Then maybe us regular posters will be replaced and sent to some camp never to be seen again.

Posting is so painfully slow this morning too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, all that I can say right now, is that I am not willing to beta test any other thing remotely related to the fair forums, only to find months later that all and every user's suggestions have just been crushed by the Panzer tank that seems to be the present day way of communicating with Adobe users (and clients!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines