• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Main forum landing page change. Forum Home page.

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this a while ago but never got any action.

The main home page for the forums need to have at least one change.

The Sort Box needs to Default to Alphabetical for the list of forums. Popular just doesn't cut it. Popular to WHO? Popular in what way? So what if the most popular forum is InDesign. I need help with Photoshop or LR Classic, or Bridge. And if forum X, Y or Z is the most popular that only means there are more problems with that program than there should be.

Also have the Sort Selection box be Sticky no matter what you have it set to as the Default for a user that has never logged into this forum system. As it is now if I go there and set the sort to Alphabetical then just Refresh the page it changes back to Popular.

This can't be that hard of a change. I really think this is a BUG and not a feature.

99.99999999999% of people that come here are looking for HELP with a problem they have with a Specific Adobe program. Having the froums listed in alphabetical order just make sense, to me at least.

If you want to place the Get Started forum at the top then that shouldn't be that hard either no matter what the sort of the list is set to. It could be like a Sticky forum above the alphabetical list.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a suggestion long ago that the forum at least remember your LAST CHOICE. I use "Latest" extensively, and have to reselect it every time, even on a refresh. Other people might like alphabetical, or popular; why ignore their choice next time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I'm talkikng about this page and this sort choice.

2020-02-01 20_34_19-.png

For me I changed the Sort (Order) option on one of the actual forum main pages to Latest and that carried over to all the forums I go to and it has never changed from that, that I can remember.

But with the main Adobe Support Community page, the one pictured above, the sort always goes back to Popular no matter how many times you change it. My point was/is the Default should be Alphabetical and not Popular and even IF they can't change what it is as the Default at least they could make it User Sticky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines