• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

main forum page hosed on Safari

Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from the other format changes in the individual forums, here is a screen capture of what I see on the main Adobe Forums page.  I am perfectly willing to admit the problem is in part due to a problem in Safari.  However I question just how much testing was done before the latest change.  (No, it doesn't look like this when using FireFox.)

For what it's worth (not necessarily a great deal) the w3c validator lists 68 wrrors and 46 warnings.  More testing please.

MacPro

22 in Apple Cinema Display

OS X 10.7.4

Safari 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)

Screen Shot 2012-06-03 at 8.07.05 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning something bad happened about 2 hours ago and the forum skins got reset to some kind of broken untested default.

Responsible parties have been notified, at least via email. (Probably they are West Coast -based though; and who knows how long it will take to fix once they are fully engaged).

So...this is probably related, and not the result of the kind of clearly insufficient testing you mention...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, I do not notice anything wrong in the main page using Safari 5.1.7 and Mac OS x 10.6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see the same bad screen using OS X 10.7.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen this since the last change, or just now? If only now, it may well be a local thing that should go soon, as suggested by John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still looks the same as I reported earlier:  bad.  I first noticed this when I logged in this morning.

Hopefully, this will get straightened out when the west coast wakes up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, I see this in Safari too (but I don't normally use it for the forums).

I suspect you would see it too if you were to dump your cache.

But you should probably be thankful that you don't see it...though it is kinda trippy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also a very infrequent user of Safari/Mac, although I do use Safari/Win much more. I am seeing nothing strange in either right now; and I haven't the slightest intention of clearing my caches.

Let's hope it's something that will go by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this whatevrything is seeing this morning?

https://skitch.com/pjonescet/86k8h/adobe-forums-time-for-some-introductions

If so its on SeaMonkey, Camino, FireFox, OmniWeb, Opera, OpreaNext, Chrome, Safari , iCab.

the skin is major busted. The web designers don't know what the heck they are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning something bad happened about 2 hours ago and the forum skins got reset to some kind of broken untested default.

Responsible parties have been notified,

OK, Adobe engaged Jive and the skins have been restored to how they were suppoed to be as of yesterday.

Fixed as of around 16:30 Eastern / 13:30 Pacific.

Unfortunately I still see this problem in Safari after clearing the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I jusat made a quick pass through a couple of forums and don't see anything bad that caught my eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now everything looks good now, but this morning many people were tempted to Blow up their computers and march on Jive and Adobe headquarters.

But they saw the the wickedness of their ways and corrected the mess..

And the letters S, N, A, F, U were banished to the abyss for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John H:  are you still seeing this in Safari?  I have checked/cleared my cache on multiple browsers/platforms and the theme displays normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new  wrinkle appeared after the supposed repair was in.

Adobe Forums_ Known Issues in new skins.jpg

You'd think these folks would know how to design a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I only see what you describe in Safari/Win. All four items are aligned in Explorer/Win, in Safari/Mac, and in Firefox/Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac, and it all looks the same as above in:

SeaMonkey

FireFox

Camino

Opera

Opera Next,

Chrome

Omniweb

iCab

Aurora

Safari

I use MacBook Pro

i7 Processor 2.8GHZ

8 GB RAM

Display is : NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

1920x1200 dpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't new. That line has wrapped since the new skins launched. Scheduled to be fixed eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. either reduce the font so the items fit with the created box they are in or increase the width of the box. Or remove the width parameter in the DIV so they automatically size for the given screen viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

Aside from the other format changes in the individual forums, here is a screen capture of what I see on the main Adobe Forums page.  I am perfectly willing to admit the problem is in part due to a problem in Safari.  However I question just how much testing was done before the latest change.  (No, it doesn't look like this when using FireFox.)

For what it's worth (not necessarily a great deal) the w3c validator lists 68 wrrors and 46 warnings.  More testing please.

MacPro

22 in Apple Cinema Display

OS X 10.7.4

Safari 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)

Screen Shot 2012-06-03 at 8.07.05 AM.png

I see this in SeaMonkey, Camino, Firefox, OmniWeb, Opera, OperaNext,  Chrome, Safari, and iCab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I don't see it in Firefox/Mac, Safari/Mac, Explorer Win7, or Safari/Win7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread Mr Cox (employee) said today's mess was brought to you by the letters S, N, A, F, U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

In another thread Mr Cox (employee) said today's mess was brought to you by the letters S, N, A, F, U

Gee!  Those letters never came to mind

At any rate, things look much better than this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, at some time, things went horribly wrong (June 03, 2012), but after a bit, they sort of got back to "normal." I will not comment on "normal," and just let that one go.

Things got really bad, and really odd, but are "back" now, June 03, 2012, 9:09PM PDT.

Hunt

PS - Teach me to compain on how bad things are, as they CAN get worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines