• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Login Easier

Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that what I am going to ask is possible, because this is the way it works on other forums I visit

When you go to an Adobe forum and you are NOT logged in, it has a link that says Login / Register

If you ARE logged in, the same space says Welcome --name here-- and then goes on with several option links to the right

So... the forum is "smart enough" to show different things depending on your current logged status

I will ask that that that initial not logged state be modified to show...

Register or Login - and provide a SPACE FOR ID and a SPACE FOR PASSWORD and a "Click to Login" button

If you are already registered, there is no reason to have to go to a different page and then back to the forum... just allow entering your ID and PW right on the forum page

If you need to register... that click would take you to a different page, to register

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

This whole log in here is SSA or $$A backwards. That's what a lot of complaints have been about. You have to keep logging in and when you're in you suddenly get logged out... Often in the middle of a post! What you say makes eminent sense, but by that very definition – as someone mentioned to me in a similar thread i started – will see no favour with the big bosses. For some strange reason they are determined to make everyone jump through the hoops every time they access the forums.

I've got! Finally, i've got it! Eureka! It's a strange kind of loyalty test. That's right! They want to see how much visitors to the forum are prepared to put up with. It's nothing more therefore, than an ego massage. A self-induced (you all know what i mean) kind of joy. "See the peasants have to come back! Our forums are so great! No matter the hurdle, the pain, the anguish, they come back and back for more... Why? Because Adobe is King!"

Their argument, the want to tie one log-in to the store. Everyone else's point, you must be nuts. Who wants to compromise their financial dealings with a public forum... no matter what. In reality, it doesn't work anyway...

I guess, they bought a sad piece of work and are now trying to justify it. And a few hard working folk like John C and Kanguyen are running their soles off their feet (being polite, again) trying to get this whole furshlinger mess to work.

'nuff said...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote on 2009-06-01 21:20:

If you are already registered, there is no reason to have to go to a different page and then back to the forum...

There is. It is a basic design principle that when using a federated

login system all logins should happen at the site of the owner of the

account, and not at the site of a mere participant. Adobe is owner, Jive

is participant.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easier? Heck, I'd be happy if persistent login would simply WORK and not log us out every 24 hours, or less.

Logins don't even WORK, it's broken.

Would we say a car is "working" if it runs for 24 miles (or less, randomly) and then it just turns off and you have to restart it?  Nope.  Well you could try, but if you sold a vehicle like this saying it "works" you'd end up on the losing side of the lawsuit I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines