Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge two forum accounts?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It looks like overtime I ended up using two accounts to access the forums.

Anybody I can contact with the relevant information so they can merge the two accounts?

Thanks for any help.

Steve JORDI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Accounts can not be merged.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accounts can not be merged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

How does this differ from having multiple Adobe I.D.'s?

About two years ago, I was able, with the help of a diligent Adobe employee (may have been contract?) to merge four Adobe I.D.'s that went back to long before the Internet. For about six months, or so, I had one Adobe I.D., and only one Forum Accounts. All of my Adobe products finally appeared under that I.D. (first time ever), and all went well for about 6 - 9 months. Then, the fora changed, and suddenly I lost all product info over time, and ended up with two forum accounts. I have not had the time to try and re-join my Adobe I.D.'s and find where my product registrations went. Are you saying that they are different, or that now Adobe cannot do the merging.

Thanks for taking the time to educate me,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging Adobe Ids are different than merging things in the forum. They are two different systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 07, 2010 Feb 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow wrote:

Merging Adobe Ids are different than merging things in the forum. They are two different systems.

Sorry if I'm wrong...but apparently not. From what i gathered, the whole ID problem originated from the fact tha Adobe wanted a single, unified iD to cut across the entire site – IOW fro product purchase to downloads to forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

MichaelKazlow wrote:

Sorry if I'm wrong...but apparently not. From what i gathered, the whole ID problem originated from the fact tha Adobe wanted a single, unified iD to cut across the entire site – IOW fro product purchase to downloads to forums.

And what complicate matters even more. Is the merging of Adobe with Macromedia. If adobe had simply when doing this sent out a message with the email and user name of your accounts with Adobe and Macromedia and simply asked which username/ email address you wanted to keep, transferred any Macromedia Products and and Forum post from the one you didn't want to the one you did want then destroyed the other accounts. we would have such problems.

Or what would be even better is create a user Name and password for forums only and on a separate server would be less complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

To date, I have yet to try and tackle my Macromedia accounts. Will not muddy those waters, until I can get my Adobe registration info back, and put the reigns on my alter-ego(s). By then, I hope that you will have the answers, and I can learn what I must do there too.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've give up on mine. I'll just ignore it. and if the need arise to buy a new version of DreamWeaver I will just eat any possible discount rather risk screwing up everything just signing in to that account. I haven't tried to sign in to that account since they fixed the problem of being signed out every fifteen minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

That is pretty much where I am. Though there are some things that are "broke," I am now fearing that much more could break. Leave it, until the necessary day. [That's what I tell my wife for half of her "honey-do" list - it's time will come... ]

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I am finding from appearance that as long as you signed in after the update  and removing  cookies before hand, you don't have problems with split personalities, nor problems with being signed out every so often. There are notable exceptions. But as soon as you sign out, and sign in again your asking for troubles. So I am not risking doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

... it's time will come...

Your statement is really subtle, even subtler than the possesive it might be taken for if heard and not seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, the possessive pronoun refers to here "list," but I see your point!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The possessive prononoun is "its", There is no apostrophe.

It's means it is.

My, it's just like old times, playing the grammar policeman! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be board stiff to resort checking Grammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Board stiff? Board stiff???

AUGH! AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you did notice the smiley didn't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote on 2/7/2010 5:49 PM:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Sorry, but I don't get your point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow wrote :

>> Merging Adobe Ids are different than merging things in the forum. They are two different systems.

Sorry if I'm wrong...but apparently not.

You are wrong. Just because one system uses part of another system as a

pluggable authentication module does not make them the same system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope all in once

But it seems like not possible to have it

Perhaps somedays it will be there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines