• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing discussion - cannot find using search

Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find a thread from July/August last year. I have a couple of RSS feed records about the thread, but not the whole thing.

Title "Missing HTM" in the Robohelp Webhelp forum.

Contains keywords: "Administrative Rights" "start page"

The thread doesn't show up in my search even though I've checked to ensure "All" is selected for time period.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr

Can you shoot me what you have with the RSS stuff? I'll be happy to try and help you locate what you are looking for.

rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Rick is not able to piece things together from the RSS feeds, you might try your same criteria with Google, if you have not done so already. I find that it's far better than the forum Search. With Advanced Search, I can quickly find most of what is in the forum. Only drawback is that if the thread was before the forum changeover, most of that material now brings up a dead link and one just gets the main Adobe forum page. I am getting fewer of the dead links, as the 'bots do their work - just no hits on the searches.

I hate that so much of that old material has been lost forever, but that's life.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue with Search right now. 3 of 4 nodes are indexed correctly, but the 4th node is not returning any search results

. (

Note, just had the phantom cursor jump twice in the same message, using FireFox).

We're trying to get that index fixed tomorrow (Wednesday).

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report on Search.

Note, just had the phantom cursor jump twice in the same message, using FireFox).

Well, I guess that one can start the list: FF & IE - yes. So far, Chrome - no.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's already Wednesday.

I'll see how the search goes tomorrow and/or if Rick turns up anything.

If it helps, I haven't seen the carriage return thing (same as cursor jump?) in Opera 10.10 yet.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I want to do is work out a deal with you folk on the "other side" of the date line. About the time of the SuperBowl (US football championship), I'll call you, and since you're a day ahead, you can tell me who wins and the score! Then, I'll call my bookmaker...

Good luck with your Search. I still chew on my lip, when I need to link to an old article. Normally, I can recall some of the participants, so I usually have more search criteria, than many. Still, sometimes I draw a blank, and just flat hate that!

As for the phantom line-breaks, I have been "clean," since going to Chrome. It seems somewhat browser-specific, though some seem immune?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be because Chrome is JavaScript centric?

all 7 of the browsers I use about half webkit and half Gecko Based all have problems with the odd line breaks. Curious though they were not introduced until the change over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I cannot answer that. I have to admit that with browsers, I do not "look under the hood." Your suggestion is far better than mine.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original search now works and I've found the topic I was looking for. Looks like it was the 4th node. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news! Thanks for reporting your success.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know the title is "Missing HTM", you will find it immediately if you just type subject:"Missing HTM" in the search box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines