• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More and more ugly as time goes by

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JIVE makes a really stupid forum.  Now, they make it even more ugly and useless as it's ever been.

Why, Adobe?  Why do you insist on sticking with this?

You should kick JIVE to the curb, and use something like Discourse.  Heck, even Disqus is better than this.

EPIC FAIL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the message indicator is stuck.

I log on, I see I have a message, I click the '@' symbol to read it.  I click on the subject to indicate it has been read, and read my message.

When I click on a link to go somewhere else, or if I use my bookmark to get back to the main page, the '@1' is back.

Repeat.  Endlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must wait some days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd Alheit wrote:

You must wait some days.

What does that even mean?  How does that relate to either post I've submitted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some days later the list of un-read messages will be reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the messages will not be permanently marked as read until days after I've read the message?

Thanks, Bernd, but it just proves what I said, earlier.  JIVE makes a stupid forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not the way it's supposed to work, but there have been some problems in the last few days. They seem to have been solved by now; at least, my "@-count" goes to zero once I review all unread items, and remains at zero until there is a new addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use "Mark all read" in the Inbox the count goes to zero. Sometimes later (few seconds) the count resets to the old value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this Inbox issue is a known issue- we have an open case with Jive right now investigating. Will keep you updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it will help with troubleshooting, I have noticed that a message will be permanently marked as read if I reply to the thread/pm.  Otherwise, the mere reading will _at that time_ reduce the number, but the second the page is refreshed or an internal link clicked, it goes back to the previous number.

HTH,

^_^

UPDATE:  Confirmed.  After replying to your message the ticker has permanently marked this thread as read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After replying to your message the ticker has permanently marked this thread as read."

This is horrible.  I tend to look there and just mark everything read in one fell swoop.  My preferred method of replying is to click on the discussion link in the email notification I receive, not from the notifications in my inbox.  Then there are times when someone else has replied, rendering a reply from me moot, or a reply is simply not necessary.

Hopefully Jive will fix this sooner, rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How can I post a question in this forum? When I choose the option "Ask", I am redirected to the document "ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums", and nothing more.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are posting a response to someone else's post, then the reply or comment link will allow you to do so.

If you want to ask a new question, then it depends upon which "tab" you're viewing:

If you are viewing the OVERVIEW tab, then you need to click on "Content" (to the right of Overview, at the top) and then click "Start A Discussion".

If you are already in Content, then just click "Start A Discussion".

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Wanted to add my reply here and let you know that I've consolidated all the feedback reported here and have added it to my internal tracking page. Thank you for reporting- we're working on getting these issues resolved and these feature improvements implemented.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Madison.  Much appreciated.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Jive. The "Start a Discussion" link is in the bottom'ish right corner; an obvious spot that only seasoned Jive users would know. (at least that is where it is for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been more than a few days, as of this writing, and it's only getting worse.

Now, if I get a notification (like "Your content has been approved" or "Your image has been approved"), dismissing it will temporarily reset the counter -1; but as soon as I click on a link, _whoomp_, there it is.  Again.  Never to go away, because you can't reply to a notification, nor can you delete a notification.

MadisonMLeupp​, has there been any progress on this issue?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore..

I would like to add to my complaint of the new JIVE bs.

I am typing some text for syntax highlighting.

Here is more text for highlighting. Here is more text for highlighting. Here is more text for highlighting. Here is more text for highlighting. Here is more text for highlighting. Here is more text for highlighting. Here is more text for highlighting. Here is more text for highlighting.

I am NOT highlighting this text, or any text after this line.

Now, if you use syntax highlighting it does not place just the desired text within a scrollable area, but EVERYTHING.  Everything.  You can scroll and this portion of the text will scroll, too, even though it is not within the highlighted area.  WTF, Jive????

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can tell by my lack of participation, I agree - Jive sucks. I can only see the last 12 threads at most. If I skip a few days there are threads I won't even see. Sigh.

(And I have a silly @1 on the top of every page that I cannot get rid of no matter what I do. Not only does Jive suck, it's buggy too.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines