Exit

More pages!

LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most forums I frequent (or all) show only two pages to select from on the top:

pages.PNG

Very often there are three, four, or more pages (with the default 30 topics) with new or updated topics.  This becomes very inconvenient when replying to topics on page three or four; we have to paginate through pages 1, 2, 3, 4.

Can we have more pages listed on top; e.g. the first four or five?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at last I am not alone in this. See message 14 in this not very new thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433488?start=0&tstart=0

I have posted several times about this, giving the same example from a non-Adobe forum, but nobody seems to have ever taken notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

Apart from what Claudio said, and apart from the seemingly hopelessness of hopefulness, you may ease the pain a bit (to about a thirdendeal) by having 100 threads per page.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions#/?per_page=100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

Thank you; I know about the per_page option, but to add this every time I arrive at the top of the forum is simply too much of a hassle.  I could then as well type #/?page=3 every time I want to go to page three.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I always use the Bookmark with the extended URL, unless I am returning from a thread to a  forum page other then the first (clicking the back arrow once, or occasionally twice), and in that case it still has the extended URL and the 100 threads per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, for me it's convenient to display 30 items per page. And the Small niggles thread is in page 71 of the list, which means that it must be around thread number 2100. At 100 items per page, that would be about page 21, an improvement, I agree, but...

Fortunately, after advancing some number of pages which I did not record, the page number display changes to this

Numero.jpg

which makes advancing rapidly more easy. And I cannot understand why this cannot be implemented from the first page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio,

I also get an "expanded" option of pages, usually about Page 20, but in all the forums, that I visit, it does not expand, as you show - it only offers a jump of two pages, and that is on through the 300's. I have never seen the option as large, as you show.

Sign me up for an easier way to navigate multi-page threads.

I use that often, when Search, or Google will not give me what I am seeking, and then need to manually look at page, after page. If I know that the sought thread is, say around page 50, that would be nice, were it easier to navigate there.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines