• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving threads - a small request

Advocate ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple of threads that seem to have been started in the wrong forum and later moved to the correct one - a brief note from whoever does that would be welcome to clarify. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Thank you, Kath. Strange, but it seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Brother doesn't have to explain himself.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem with the technology.My bet (not having tried to move a thread) that the software isn't bright enough to leave a trial. That would be a nice feature though.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks - in the old forums a host would leave a note on the thread, I assume manually, just to say what had happened. I don't want to jump in and tell someone they are confused about where to post if it's been dealt with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If poeple are looking for threads they started or participated in, probably the easiest thing to tell them is to look for it in the list in their profile. The url to each post apparently stays the same even if it is moved out of a thread to somewhere else, so if they bookmarked that, it should still be take them to it, wherever it might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dorothy,

How do you search for specific words in posts by a specific poster, OP or not, yourself or others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's what the Who text field from the search page->more options is for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with the magnifying box by the search box, then more options, then people (no, it's not at all obvious):

search01.jpg

search02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to work for me. I get 0 hits for Mark A. Boyd. But then, last time I looked, I had a dickens of a time just trying to find people (myself included) in the People section.

I'm apparently too old to make any sense out of - or to learn - the Jive alphabet.

Letter M: Sort by Screen Name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to specify your name in the Who: field of search and get the expected results:

searchmark.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's more than I got last time I tried. But look at the results.

And my results are different from yours: 5 hits in two forums (one of which I've never read, let alone posted to). 3 links to messages in this forum (not shown in the listed forums). I got these same results when logged in with my other account, Mark_A_Boyd.

Adobe_Forums-Search.png

So, I don't know how reliable the search is when seaching for other people.

And I get 0 hits on myself searching in People How about you?

Adobe_Forums-People.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kath. Strange, but it seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And since I can't give myself points, Jacob, you get them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath,

I thought of asking you whether giving you points would be an offence, and then I realized that I could not. I am still struggling to grasp the concept.

Thank you, unless it is a cunning new version of the 100 gold coins trap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that trick Only the thread-starter can give points and not to themselves. And you have to leave the check mark in at the beginning to make your thread a question. All good fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kath, short version:

Harun al Rashid was said to wander the streets of Bagdad in disguise to know the thoughts of his subjects. On one of his wanderings, he passed a tiny house with a tiny yard; and he was told that the inhabitant was a model of true serenity: he could barely earn enough to get food every day, and yet he was always happy. "That is no proof of true serenity", said Harun al Rashid, and the next night he had a bag with 99 gold coins thrown over the wall. The man spent the rest of his life as an unhappy miser trying to reach the 100 gold coins.

See retaliation in other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines