• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Forum Profile has Been Trashed

Guru ,
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost my points, my avatar my start-date is wrong and my PMs have gone...

I didn't do anything

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 06, 2010 Jun 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!  I have just noticed that my username is now:

martcol-enwz8a

Something like this has happened before except I don't think I had like a different user name...

I mean that the stolen me (martcol-enwz8a) is there but I'm posting here as martcol.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've been hit by the Changing ID syndrome which Adobe can't seem to figure or know how to permanently fix. The work around is to:

1. log out move away from Adobe.com
  2. locate all cookie associated with the adobe forums.
  3. Deep six them.
  4. Sign back in
  5. give you your username and password to sign in if your browser ask whether you want to save, save.

Hopefully That will fix it for a time. usually people afflicted with this malady will se it over and over and over.

If the above don't cure it one of the adminstrator will be along a take a sledge hammer to the server you iD is on an cure it for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Phillip,

I did what you suggest and look over there, I'm back.

Still, I've lost 20 points and 8 posts!

I'm not sure what it means to deep 6 something though?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deep-Six (throway)

File-13 (throway)

Put in circular File (throwaway)

Empty Trash, Empty Waste Basket for those on the Darkside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Force is Strong in you O-B-1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2010 Jun 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin,

A couple of possibilities:

Posts/points were assigned to the bogus account

Posts might have been deleted from the particular forum - this happened to many, with replies to the old PS Lounge, etc.

Just thinking here,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin,

I have seen three ways of successful cleaning up:

1) Simple  self healing;

2) Restarting the browser,  works sometimes (I normally continue the same FF session, until this  issue occurs);

3) Logout/login when 2) has not worked; this is the FAQ with the instructions: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613050?tstart=0

I was about to ask what had happened to the eye, in the other thread, when I saw this.

Edit: Too late, luckily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob,

I'm pleased to have my eye back.  It's hard enough finding my way around Adobe software as it is.  Much of the time I feel like I am groping in the dark.

I can't give you or Philip any points for this thread and I'm not going to try to log in as my other me in case the world shifts on its axis again!

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, Martin.

It is a most disturbing issue. I have tried it some four or five times; and each time I have stopped normal posting until solved. I have been careful to uphold continuity, ever since I started archiving important threads back in the days of the fair forums when all threads eventually fell into the abyss unless revived by new post; and I continued to do so under the new circumstances where threads sink into the mud of oblivion owing to the lack of a proper search.

I believe the lost history is caused by the dual identity mentioned in the first post: normally, all posts are attributed to the original one when it is restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, I am not really in it for the points. I am in it to answer questions if possible. IF I gain points, that okay but that not my main aim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I am not really in it for the points

I have it, from a high-ranking source, that at some point in time (established by Adobe, but unknown to my "source"), the user with the most points, will get an all-expenses-paid trip to San Jose. There, they will be invited to lunch at the Official Adobe Cafeteria (remember, Friday is Maine Lobster Day), and will be given 5 mins. with the Product Director of their choice, to discuss issues, Bugs, and upcoming developments. Hey, which product would you choose, and what would you say in 5 mins.? Something to shoot for, and think about!

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmmmm,

Lobster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonder if taste Better than Red Lobster. I ate my first one last year on my 60th Birthday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines