• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My username: WTF?

Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I'm a totally new user with only two (now three I guess) posts. Great work, Adobe! Found a completely new way to fu ckup the forums!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. That's posted by the correct user, but I can't edit it.

Here's what I was talking about: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2477634#2477634

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

Many of us suddenly developed split personalities. I still have to work to keep my alter-ego from showing up. Heck, he's not got as many posts as I do. Just hope that he behaves himself, when he shows up.

You likely have additional Adobe I.D.'s and due to cookies, the other guy is showing up as the default. Regardless of the humor (attempted) above, it has suddenly happened to many of us. Mine came with the recent big software update.

There are several threads here on the same subject, plus some input from the MOD's on how to handle it. For some, those tips have born fruit, but some others are caught in split-personality limbo.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems to happen to me when i use the "remember me" check box at login... could just be my imagination though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 24, 2009 Dec 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scott's Aviatar resemble's Homer Simpson's Likeness with Hair. The face and around the mouth is identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other post is here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2479006#2479006

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott, partly based on a sugge

stion from JC, I solved this problem by logging out completely,

eliminating all adobe related cookies, login in using my second (unw

anted) identity, and changing all the data in it (Adobe ID, email address, screen name,

...) so that I left nothing in common with the main (

wanted) one. After logging out anr re logging normally, I have no longer been logged in automatically with my unwanted ID.

All extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines