Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation - still

Advocate ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with the preview version of the forum, the following is the case:

From within a topic/discussion, I have some choices.

Two breadcrumb links, Discussion and Forum Comments.

A link called 'Up to Discussions in Forum Comments'.

The first and third of these choices take me to a page with a list of topics/discussions. There is an Overview tab I can click to reveal the sticky topics.

Fine, but why two links?

The other one, the breadcrumb 'Forum Comments' appears to take me to the same place, with the same list of discussions - except that the Overview tab is already open.

I think the boxes on the right also swap places, Sub-forums being above or below Actions.

Try as I might, I cannot see the logic in this navigation system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Kath-H wrote:

Why not? Points are free

Or as the poet said:

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it.

Money for nothin' and your chicks for free.

Money for nothin' and chicks for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you click on "Discussions" in the bread crumbs you get only the threads and have to click on the Overview tab to see the sticky threads. I think it's like this because they though that there will be a lot of sticky threads and so you can click on Discussions so that you don't automatically see them. I don't like it but apparently the devs do so we also got this usability mess to deal with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least someone else agrees it's a mess Surely we only need one page, and the tab could be labelled 'Sticky Topics' or something a bit more informative. Closed unless you click it.

This is silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. If you pick either the Discussion breadcrumb or the 'Up to' link, you see the actions box at the top. If you pick the other link, Forum Comments, the sub-forums box is on top. I'm sure it makes sense to someone.

Coming back from Your Stuff is the same as picking Forum Comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Overview tab. Or pick the 'Forum Comment' breadcrumb which opens it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens is you make my reply look silly And to think I was about to give you some points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! How did you edit after I replied to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who me? 😛 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not? Points are free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Why not? Points are free

Or as the poet said:

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it.

Money for nothin' and your chicks for free.

Money for nothin' and chicks for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ... once on the Forum Comments page, clicking the link that says 'Forum Comments' reloads the page. Why is it there? Why is the page number for the page you're on a live link? If I invented a navigation system like this for a website I wouldn't get paid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you get paid?!! whoa! they TELL me i get paid, but i never actually see the money... yet somehow my bank account doesn't get any lower... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂 was wondering if it would automagically spawn a new thread. hmm. not enough pixie juice i guess. time to grind some more... XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines