• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an easier way to see current Ideas for each product!

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've made it easy to post ideas in these forums, BUT not easy to see them and Vote on them! I don't think many visitors even know about that feature because it's tricky to find unless you've already posted an idea and check on it in "Your Stuff" and then click the breadcrumb trail...

Would be awesome for more people to vote on ideas for each product!

Thanks!

Aza

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the Point Adobe don't listen to customers. They listen to bean Counters and the the Board of Directors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaw come on Phillip. Turn that frown upside down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked politely for them to fix the Pdfviewer problem with Mozilla Browsers on Mac I received a Smart aleck answer from a Adobe employee. Asking what feature do I want to do without in order to fix the problem . They were rather snooty about to.

So no one listens I been putting a bug request to fix this since OSX.10.2.8 about 10 or more use. Ther are a Lot of people that need to fill out forms on line. and there have been people here in forums asking how to fix forms to be filled out on line so that it would go to their many Mac Users.

After I have explained the problem they will run into. some have decided to figure something else out.

So they don't listen to the users they listen to Bean Counters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, Apple's policy is not to allow any of the Adobe products to run properly on its machines.  Under Steve Jobs Flash Player was banned from apple machines and I don't think this has changed yet.  So Adobe's hands are tied to do anything useful. 

Without the co-operation of apple Engineers you can't write decent applications.  Microsoft is always co-operating with developers by giving them all sorts of SDKs and source codes of example programs for its operating system.  Apple isn't doing anything like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly.  Flash continues to work though not very well on Mac. Almost all Web sites based on pure flash content will eventullay crash the system. But Flash continues to be available on mac.

For years Jobs offered Adobe help to figure out the bugs causing problems on Mac. Each time he was rebuffed. Finally he said enough was enough. so he banned Flash on the iPad. It well documented.

[ admin note - this is an incorrect version of the history of Flash on Macintosh.  Flash on iOS was banned because it allowed applications without the control of the App Store (and Apple's 30% cut). ]

Sad thing is were it not for Apple, Adobe would still be a Font House.  Most all applications except those from the take over of MacroMedia, were created and on Mac and vetted by Mac users for at least 2 years before Microsoft would allow them on Windows.  So if the Mac users had not liked and aproved the apps, Then Adobe would be but a shadow what it is now.  Adobe basically got its start as a result of Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

At the risk of dragging this thread too far afield, I will comment:

Yes, Adobe DOES listen to the Board of Directors, and also the Accounting Department. That is part of almost any corporation. They also listen to their Marketing Department, too.

That said, I find that many of the Product Managers ALSO listen to the clients, the users of the products, though not on a one-on-one basis.

As an example, when Apple dropped FCP 7 (version 8 should have followed), for FCPx, Adobe saw an opportunity to win over a vast number of FCP users to their Premiere Pro. They have incorporated many FCP-like functions and commands, into the last two versions of Premiere Pro - angering more than a few long-term Premiere Pro users. Still, Adobe DID listen to their customes, the FCP convertees.

Often with the interface with an OS, Adobe can have problems, especially when that OS changes. I know that Chris Cox has had teams working with Apple, or trying to, to fix some things in the latest OS release, as they pertain to Photoshop. Apple has not been all that helpful yet. Same for some OS issues with Windows, and a few go back to the WinME days. A software company can only do so much, if there are problems, or limitations in an OS.

As for Feature Requests by users, I also know that Adobe takes those seriously, and will first use the volume of a particular Feature Request, to establish priority for development/implementation. As you well know, development and coding take time, personnel and money (back to the Board and the "bean counters"), so they (Adobe) do not just assign design teams to all Feature Request.

Over the decades, I have filed many. Few have been implemented, but some have - I assume that they attained "critical mass," and Adobe moved on them.

Now, as to your cited example, I have no clue as to what the status of that request would be, and it would be rare for an Adobe employee to comment on it. However, in several product forums, that I frequent, there HAVE been Adobe employees, who DO comment on development of either a Bug Fix, or Feature Request - still pretty rare, but greatly appreciated. In other forums, any Adobe presence is either non-existant, or so far behind the scenes, that we mere users never see it. It just depends. I do hope that your issue IS being worked on, and that Apple and Adobe can work together to solve it. Unfortunately, as UKtax points out, that particular relationship has not been the best, and especially recently.

Now, back to the OP's question - I have not explored the "Ideas" aspect, but have only used the "official Feature Request" forms, for the products, where I think I have a better idea. I will look into your comments, if for no other reason, than to educate myself.

You mentioned "voting," and that would usually be through a Poll. At this time, only a person with either Administrative credentials, or MOD status, can initiate a Poll. We I of a mind, that such would benefit, then I would PM (Personal Message) a MOD in that forum, explaining what I proposed, and ask if they would do it.

Best that I can offer, at this time, other than good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ideas spaces on these forums are part of the default Jive implementation, so they were active on most of the topics when we first switched over (along with 'Polls', 'Docs' and 'Videos'). However, the non-discussion spaces are a real nightmare to administer and were often targeted by spammers (the reporting feature doesn't work very well on a non-message, and they could hide stuff for longer in the shadows). Because of that, they have been removed from most of the topics, and will probably be cut back more in future. We still use the Docs space as it's read-only, but for the other spaces Adobe has better ways to achieve the same thing (e.g. AdobeTV for video content).

Adobe has only two official ways for customers outside of the prerelease programs to make requests for new features. For a couple of headline products (e.g. Photoshop) there are dedicated feedback sites, and for everything else there is the 'wish form' at www.adobe.com/go/wish

Requests posted to those will be collated and are often acted on, if there is either sufficient agreement or a suggestion is particularly good. Of course there can be no guarantees that a feature makes it to release even if it's in the beta version, so there can be no response from the company to a particular suggestion - to do so would breach corporate responsibility.

Ideas posted in these forums are just chatter between users - some employees might read them in their spare time, but what's posted has no official route into the development cycle. If you have an idea or bug to report, ALWAYS use the wish form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Your comments are appreciated. You have just saved me investigative time.

Thank you, as it's always good to have the "story behind the story."

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Requests posted to those will be collated and are often acted on, if there is either sufficient agreement or a suggestion is particularly good. Of course there can be no guarantees that a feature makes it to release even if it's in the beta version, so there can be no response from the company to a particular suggestion - to do so would breach corporate responsibility.

The Feature Request has always been my favored method of communication, and I know that Adobe takes those seriously. Feature Requests are logged in, and reviewed. They are prioritized by several criteria, such as number of requests for the same feature, cost to implement, viability, and the often present - does that exist, but the requesting person just no know where it is, or how to use it. I have had several Feature Requests implemented (probably reached some sort of "critical mass" with others requesting the same, or very similar, but some have never seen the light of day - maybe too expensive, I was the only person requesting, or they would break something else?

Ideas posted in these forums are just chatter between users - some employees might read them in their spare time, but what's posted has no official route into the development cycle. If you have an idea or bug to report, ALWAYSuse the wish form.

This is 99% true, with but few exceptions, that I have observed. In a few product forums, there are very active, authoritative employees, who do read, and can act, but even then, they beg the poster to file the Feature Request, for full documentation in the "normal channels." There was great activity along those lines, when PrE 6 was being written, and FCP went to FCPx. Adobe realized that suddenly an expanded market of FCP-users were sitting there, waiting on PrPro to fill their void. Some of that design activity was probably pushed by Adobe Marketing, seeing into the future a bit, but much was driven by FCP-users coming to that particular forum, with wishes, requests, complaints, etc.. Such activity seems to have died down a bunch, and now the response is usually "Please file a Feature Request).

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

Adobe has only two official ways for customers outside of the prerelease programs to make requests for new features. For a couple of headline products (e.g. Photoshop) there are dedicated feedback sites, and for everything else there is the 'wish form' at www.adobe.com/go/wish

There is also https://bugbase.adobe.com/ for a few selected products (AIR, Flash Player, Exchange, ColdFusion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ further replies concerning Acrobat and Office:mac have been branched to a new discussion ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about for the Adobe Forums site itself? ... i.e. would love to filter discussions by those with replies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature request form is a good way of telling Adobe what we need to be changed on there products, though it lacks a history and a tracking function.

What I would suggest :

• Create a forum for Feature Request where we could see request already submitted and comment on them. Each new request would create automatically a new post.
  • Create a list of all feature request one user would have submitted, their status, if they had been reviewed by Adobe staff or not.
  • Reconsider the Idea section : it's not very well higlighten, and I don't really understand how it is taken under consideration by Adobe Staff or not.

Right now if you wan't your feature request to spread, you have to :

1. Submit the form for the feature request.
  2. Create an Idea.
  3. Create a post in the forum of the product you asked the feature request for.

All of this should be done in one step.

What do you think ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sound ideas all, but unfortunaley an exercise in futility. 

The problem is that the unresposive, elephantine Adobe bureaucracy just ignores all feedback from its customers, and the bean counters prevail over the eingineers..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines