• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEED to deactivate PShop CS3, won't let me!!!

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey!

I just bought a new laptop so i need to deactivate photoshop CS3 from my old computer. I know that you are supposed to go to "help>deactivate" but when i go to the drop down menu under "help" the option for "deactivate" isn't there. it's not that it is grayed out and i cannot access it. The problem is that the option just isn't there at all, my options are "download e-license" and some other thing but nothing remotely similar to "deactivate"!!!! I really need to do this, and i need to do it soon because i am in the process of selling my old laptop!!! please help me and thanks soooo much!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe Customer Support can help ypu.  Call them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like a multi-seat licence or some other non-retail version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way did you know when post has joined. And don't get me wrong you fella's did great this time. But OP asked a Photoshop question in the Forum discussions group. There must be a problem with where folks are being sent when signing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careful PJ, pat any more heads in here you're likely to lose a finger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Careful PJ, pat any more heads in here you're likely to lose a finger!

Or worse ...

[Picture removed to protect easily horrified people.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 only has 20 deactivations/activations if you use them up you can't deactivate any more.

You must call Customer service unless as John said its a multi-seat licence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

CS3 only has 20 deactivations/activations if you use them up you can't deactivate any more.

You know, all these restrictions and hassles... poor customer support, painful activation and non-functioning licenses backed by, again, ridiculous customer support... now this apology of a forum... Adobe are really shooting themselves in the foot.

I know this is kind of frowned upon, but i know several people – and houses – that have bought and registered the original product but used alternate means to activate activation and avoid all angst apropos activation. (how's that for alliteration? A bit forced but what the hell! ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, the ammo they load are blanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buko. wrote:

Is this really true?  It sounds too awful to be true.  I have had to reformat my computer multiple times (easier for me than trying to figure out what got messed up!) and of course, deactivated each time.  I should be able to use this program until my computer no longer is capable of running it (kind of like WP for DOS).  Say it ain't so!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines