• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to login repeatedly

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About twice a day I seem to be logged out, and have to login again. The 'Remember me' box is always checked.

Does anybody else have to login all the time...?

[Win XP SP3; Firefox 3.0.9]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody else have to login all the time...?

Yes, just about everybody.

And they all posted complaints – just like you!

Well some were a lot ruder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - hopefully somebody will notice, and fix it some day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you may want to take a look in here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/418072?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've seen that one - after I posted and received a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An encouraging announcement at the top about increasing the time people stay logged in - curious that the announcement was posted half an hour after the scheduled restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

An encouraging announcement at the top about increasing the time people stay logged in - curious that the announcement was posted half an hour after the scheduled restart

"We're working to increase the session time-out so that forum users stay logged in longer"

That's not encouraging enough!

I want to stay in permanently, as before on the good old WebX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again john, unless they have an option to say "public terminal" login that WILL force you out automatically after a short period of inactivity, staying logged in "forever" by default is a Very Bad Idea when so many people's ids are now linked to the store and potentially credit card info. i know i for one i have my lawyer waiting on retainer to sue adobe when someone steals my credit card info because i stayed logged in at the library accidentally.

... erm, just kidding.

on a more serious note. i'm still logged in this morning after a cold shutdown last night. so i fully expect to be logged out in the middle of posting my 2nd note... hmm something just flashed. maybe that was it.  anyway, if you don't read this it was erased by the system. and i'll probably replace it with something reading "same again"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's wrong with this picture... ?

We're working to increase the session time-out so that forum users stay logged in longer. The changes will necessitate a restart of the forum servers. This is scheduled to happen today (Friday, April 24) at 5pm pacific time.

by adobe-admin at Apr 24, 2009 5:29 PM                        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody reads post #5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

... staying logged in "forever" by default is a Very Bad Idea when so many people's ids are now linked to the store and potentially credit card info.

But seriously, let them change the system. Linking the two was always a bad idea. There was no real need for it IMO.

A few more hoops to jump through won't hurt – we're getting used to it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

... staying logged in "forever" by default is a Very Bad Idea when so many people's ids are now linked to the store and potentially credit card info.

But seriously, let them change the system. Linking the two was always a bad idea. There was no real need for it IMO.

A few more hoops to jump through won't hurt – we're getting used to it!

Would it be possible for Adobe to require the user to enter the login information each time "Your Account" is selected?  Why wouldn't that solve the potential problem of being logged in forever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really get how it works. You can be logged in to the forums but not 'your account' or the other way round. Or both. Or neither. So they aren't completely tied in anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

I don't really get how it works. You can be logged in to the forums but not 'your account' or the other way round. Or both. Or neither. So they aren't completely tied in anyway.

I should have been clearer.

Currently, I am logged in.  However, if I click on "Your Account" I am requested to enter my ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gads, it took 32 seconds just to get this reply box to fully appear. 

Bob (et al),

I have ONLY logged into the forum, yet "your account" is welcomming me by name.  Other times I will only be logged into this forum.  Other times I will get booted from the forum, but the "your account" settings still have me logged in.

It makes no sense at all.  I DON'T WANT TO BE LOGGED INTO THE STORE, only the fourms.    Furthermore, I've not formally logged into the store in a couple of years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I have just noticed ... I am now logged OUT of the store, but still logged into the forum.

Totally strange behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in for the forums is holding so far though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

And that it's still there:

Wrong.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got booted off the server.    I was actively surfing the forum, went to reply and realized that there was no reply link.  Double checked and sure enough, I had been logged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an initiative test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the bigger question is:  did I pass or fail??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll have to get back to you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will I get some points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, it wasn't marked as a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines