• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Behaviors? I Like Them.

LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just made an observation, regarding the editing screen, and the URL Attachment pop-up.

In the old Jive, the cursor automatically positioned in the editing screen, ready to enter text (an improvement from much older forum software, where one had to click in the editing box), but if one mis-typed text, and deleted all of it, the cursor disappeared, and one had to click back in the editing box. I just did that, expecting to have to click again to get the cursor - but in the new Jive, it was still there, though I had deleted everything. I like that.

Also, with the URL Attachment, when the pop-up dialog box cycles through, the "http:" is already highlighted. As I most often have done a Ctrl+C of the desired URL, I already have that. IIRC, in the old Jive, one had to click-drag over that "http:" so that the full URL would replace it. I like that.

While minor, they save me clicks, and moments, and that can add up on a busy day.

Bound to be some more "improvements," that I have just not encountered yet.

Thought that I would add some "good things," as most recent posts have been about undesirable behaviors.

Hunt, still getting his feet wet in the new Jive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having used the new version through the beta test and now the initial roll-out, I have to say that overall it's a positive move.

There are few little things that are somewhere between "having to get used to something different" and bona fide problems, but overall I'm happy with the change.  It makes my day a little better.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel,

Those are my sentiments too.

During beta, there were things that we could not (or perhaps, I did not) explore, but in general, I am pleased. For most of the rest, I am sure that someone here will teach me how to do it properly. Heck, up to the last few months of the old Jive, I was sitll learning things from some of the folk here, and I had used that software almost every day from roll-out.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hadn't noticed the http thing, but two thumbs up. I'd like make the displayed text be different from the aref tag without having to switch to the html editor, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines