• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New bug?

Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or the last few days I've been seeing threads show up as 'updated' - when they aren't, I've read the last post already. Especially when logging in from a different machine. Never used to happen. Is it just me?

I thought at first I was mistaken and I'd seen the reply in an email notification, but it's not, it's also happening in threads and forums I'm not subscribed to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Or the last few days I've been seeing threads show up as 'updated' - when they aren't, I've read the last post already. Especially when logging in from a different machine. Never used to happen. Is it just me?

I thought at first I was mistaken and I'd seen the reply in an email notification, but it's not, it's also happening in threads and forums I'm not subscribed to.

I am seeing it all the time and have put it down (rightly or wrongly) to the result of "moderators" dabbling with spammy or abusive

messages.

It seems beyond the scope of their level of courtesy to put a note in, such that the erroneous (updated) indication is linked to something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed some totally incorrect "last post" threads where the wrong person is listed as "last".  It could be that they edited their post somehow but it didn't appear to be edited, so I don't know what's going on.

Chalked up to the usual/general Jivebug behavior.  Nothing unusual to see here people, move along, move along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I mentioned this a while back and I think it was Jochem (please correct me if I'm wrong) that said that usually what happens is a spammer posts in the thread and that post is deleted before most of us see it, therefore bumping the thread up to the top...or that a post had been deleted/reported and a moderator had to delete the post and both instances mess up the times, date, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of those and also when a post is reported for abuse and a moderator approves the post (i.e. a moderator decides that the original message is fine and the abuse report is bogus).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Won't disagree with the above but it's still a bug no matter how it's spun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines