• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new forum format sucks - I don't want all adobe products searched

Participant ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having all products display in the searched area and not the specific product (in my case ColdFusion) means my search time to find the answer has increased exponentially with no results. It makes the usefullness of these forums obsolete. This is probably your worst move yet, Adobe - don't take steps backwards.  Even when I go to the Coldfusion forums - it still searches all products. This bites.  .

Adobe Please help your customers use your products by searching the correct product.

Thanks, Wendy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the new adobe forums, no one can hear you scream.

(iow, you're not alone and they don't seem to be listening).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google, Yahoo or Bing your search and look for a adobe URL answer. Much quicker then navigating the adobe search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use firefox and greasemonkey, there's a script out there that locks you to searching your current forum...

I don't and was actually thinking of reposting this issue just this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an IE7 bookmarklet that does the same. It's very useful.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep pretty much the only search useful for adobe products now is one run by an outside search engine. Pathetic. Possibly the #2 or #3 worst problem with this Jivemess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wam4 wrote:

This is probably your worst move yet, Adobe - don't take steps backwards...Adobe Please help your customers use your products by searching the correct product forum.

Thanks, Wendy

Well Adobe doesn't care what you think or if you can find what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary patch:

Launch FireFox, install GreaseMonkey from the Tools->Add-ons area and then install my script.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/53705

Various people have generated hacks to fix forum behavior as best as possible. Search userscripts.org and userstyles.org for "Adobe Forums" to find more.

And before anyone posts up that this isn't a true response from Adobe and that we shouldn't be forced to use Firefox to remake the forums, I totally agree with you! I am just trying to help right now since the decision process on what to do about the forum debacle has obviously seized up tight over at Adobe HQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,  Where's the bookmarklet in IE7 that will do that? I had to download to IE7 (or company is still using version 6) and I'm not seeing anything like that.

Thanks for your help - this will be very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe he posted it up in the Usability Tweaks thread in this forum.

EDIT: Here it is.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2117135#2117135

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines