• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Forum Look

Enthusiast ,
Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time (3 years, anyhow) user of the Lightroom UtoU forum, I am liking the new look. Much better tahn the last try at a 'new look'! Only thibg missing that I have seen so far is a way to provide a 'Signature' to be appplied to each post I make.

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see myself dropping in a lot more often now.

Only thing I'm already wishing for - the 'filter threads' at the top of each forum looks great, but I wish it included 'unread threads' in the options.

Otherwise, stunning job everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria.Bampton wrote:

Only thing I'm already wishing for - the 'filter threads' at the top of each forum looks great, but I wish it included 'unread threads' in the options.

Victoria, if you click on 'View Feeds' on the right there is one for: Unanswered Thread: and one for Popular Discussion Threads and though these are not exactly what you ask for they may help!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DonRicklin wrote:

Victoria.Bampton wrote:

Victoria, if you click on 'View Feeds' on the right there is one for: Unanswered Thread: and one for Popular Discussion Threads and though these are not exactly what you ask for they may help!

Don

I also just noted taht there is a single tab at the top of the forum that says Overview. Maybe they can add a tab for New Threads/Posts and maybe Anwered and Unanswered tabs!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been very verbal about the changes and growing pains of the forum over the last 10 years (or more accurately, attempted changes), but I'll tell you what, this format is bad.  It was much cleaner and easier to navigate before - this way is clunky.

• it takes up too much space
  • takes longer to load
  • we need the breadcrumbs at the bottom of each page
  • we need to know where the unread new posts begin (heck, even vbullitin can do it!)
  • we need a better way to get back to where we came from when we go places like to the "your stuff" links
  • the TOS absolutely MUST be changed so that Adobe does NOT usurp the rights of the users who post images either to this site directly or by way of external links.  Right now (and in the future), under the currently worded TOS Adobe is claiming rights to all the photos to use for whatever reason they want.  Sorry Adobe, you are going to lose a LOT of credibility (and potentially customers) with that way of thinking.

Unfortunately, I am sure there will be more issues. 

greenjumpyone (formerly known as Hopper)

edit:  the "Overview" tab is only visible (for me) on the main discussion window, not on the individual threads.  I'm not sure what that tab actually does, as clicking on it did not change anything for me.  I do have the preferences set to "flat" on the thread view.  Maybe that's the reason it seems to do nothing for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great post, Hopper!

Consider posting it on John Nack's blog, which has an entry on the new forums today:  http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

posted.

well, I think it is going to have to be approved, as I have not posted there before, but I copied from this forum to that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

edit:  the "Overview" tab is only visible (for me) on the main discussion window, not on the individual threads.  I'm not sure what that tab actually does, as clicking on it did not change anything for me.  I do have the preferences set to "flat" on the thread view.  Maybe that's the reason it seems to do nothing for me?

On some other forums, there is more than one tab. I was noting that since there is one tab, maybe down the line that can mean there will be more and useful tabs. One tab IS meaningless.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

agreed.

hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One tab that apparently will be coming back is documents. And that is what we're supposed to be able to use for building FAQ's according to what John has been saying. Should be interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what's with the "The Question has been Possibly Answered" thing at the top???

It seems unnecessary to me AND there is a potential it's inaccurate, such as for this thread!  I feel that header is just taking up space and really not providing a true service.

And why the "rating" for correctly answered (10pts) or partially answered (5pts)?  We keeping score here?  To what end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what end?

to distract people...? i don't know. i can't think of a good use for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

and what's with the "The Question has been Possibly Answered" thing at the top???

Successfully nuked it with Adblock Plus by blocking forums.adobe.com.##*#jive-answer-bar > DIV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what the page looks like so far:

Adobe-Forums_-New-Forum-Look.jpg

The "More Like This" title is still there, but the contents of said box are obliterated.  Looks like the title itself is tied to the ACTIONS box, but it's pretty harmless now—no more than a static rule would be.

Message was edited by: Ramón G Castañeda — made new screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's what the thread discussions index page for this forum looks like now with the scripts and blocks:

Adobe-Forums_-Forum_-Forum-Comments.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Successfully nuked it with Adblock Plus by blocking forums.adobe.com.##*#jive-answer-bar > DIV

I'm not ready to nuke anything. i want to see what we're getting here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 For unread threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, there is still too much wasted space and the 'posting+fluff' area is fixed width.  All that stuff in the right column should be moved to a popup or button without devouring the whole column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I like taht one actually gets the content of a post in the email notification and not just a link and 'read more...'

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DonRicklin wrote:

And I like taht one actually gets the content of a post in the email notification and not just a link and 'read more...'

Don

That is for folks that want to participate only by email, Don. They never need to come to the forums in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully get that, Dorothy. It was one of the things I disliked about the old way, so this is great!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DonRicklin wrote:

I fully get that, Dorothy. It was one of the things I disliked about the old way, so this is great!

Don

Not gonna be so easy to make the NNTP folks happy, tho. They lost that, and don't think email can replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

DonRicklin wrote:

Don

Not gonna be so easy to make the NNTP folks happy, tho. They lost that, and don't think email can replace it.

There is always the RSS! That wasn't there and I know many that will clap over that!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DonRicklin wrote:

There is always the RSS! That wasn't there and I know many that will clap over that!

Don

Maybe, Don... but RSS won't go both ways. If all they want is to collect info, it will, but not if they want to participate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Sure it can. The reported issues in the email feed just have to be fixed.We are still missing a bunch of headers and email messages get truncated in random places. I am just not so sure that these issues will get fixed because nobody is even confirming the issues with the missing headers exist. The only header issue they seem to be willing to confirm was the issue with their incorrect email server configuration causing large scale blacklisting of the email servers, which was technically not even a header issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines