• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New forum : please replace the one line editor with a full editor when replying to a post

Advisor ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me mad.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"One Line Editor"-  To what do you refer?

I see a window to post a reply very much the same as we did in Jive forums.

ScreenShot259.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm referring to this :

OneLine.jpg

When clicking on Reply I get this one line editor. To create this answer I had to first enter text in the one line editor and then edit the message to insert the image and format the text. I get the fulll editor only when editing the message. Tested in Firefox and Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would state get rid of View All replies replies should not be hidden.  The one sideways scrolling line reply feature should be replaces with a Reply editor that has the current bugs fixed and the missing features added..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I now see what you mean!

Clicking on a Blue Button gives the full editor,

ScreenShot085.jpg

Clicking on the word [Reply] only gives the one-line editor!

ScreenShot086.jpg

Hopefully these type of problems will be fixed with time.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samoreen, we've prioritized this issue in an upcoming release and will be replacing the quick reply function with the full rich-text editor.

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me insane. Was clicking the black reply button, writing a little bit and then editing that text. Please change this insanity so it's a little clearer to the average user. WOOOF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" will be replacing the quick reply function "

A better solution would be to eliminate the quick reply and add the ability to quote a post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> A better solution would be to eliminate the quick reply and add the ability to quote a post.
Absolutely. This would be the first step toward making this incredibly bad code a decent forum software (however I doubt there's something that can be done about it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Get rid of the quick reply. I don't think anyone wants that. Also the date/time thing is insanity. Bad code! BADDDDDDDDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE GET RID OF THE QUICK REPLY BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You NEED to REMOVE the NESTED reply function. It S U C K S and does NOT Allow anyone to Follow any Discussion. 

It is poorly implemented with only ONE ( 1 ) move to the right to show a nested Reply to a nested Reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might want to change the Original Post to : please please remove the one line editor completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines