• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Forum Software?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cower as I write and ask this but I didn't find any clear answers. Will forum be proprietary software (Adobe designed?) or something like vBulletin?

Sorry if I'm duplicating questions here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new forum will use Jive's Clearspace - see this thread:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b80553/55

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Will forum be proprietary software (Adobe designed?)

No, thank goodness. We need the Adobe engineers working on the applications we pay for, not forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D. McCahill wrote:

> Will forum be proprietary software (Adobe designed?)

No, thank goodness. We need the Adobe engineers working on the applications we pay for, not forum software.

Probably would have worked, at least. And they could sell it, whether or not it sucked--if Jive can sell their trash and profit, anyone can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change FAQs here http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c637/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I don't believe I've seen a Clearspace forum before - only phpBB, vBulletin, and SimpleMachines.

The Jivespace Forum appears to be run on it however.

It's an interesting choice. Perhaps it's more spam resistant. Is that the motivation behind the decision?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>more spam resistant. Is that the motivation behind the decision?

No, not at all.

Read the forum changes FAQs, please.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c637/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7e47b/13 remains required reading on these changes, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link to message 13 was very interesting. It is interesting that the changes not only started on the 13th, but the detailed list of items was message #13. I hope John's desire for 13 to be lucky holds up. He mentioned that he did not like avatars at first, but they are growing on him a bit. His comments at least gave a neat view of the forum desires from his perspective. Thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Friday will be the 13th again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tends to happen a lot when March follows February!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about you guys, but I like the new forum format better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in a minority of 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pyngthyngs wrote:

OK, I'll bite. What do you like about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not so bad.Most people hate change.

There is some silly stuff most could ignore. Like points. I don't bother with them.

If they could just get some bugs worked out. Like the 404  errors, File not found errors, the short Login time (not having a permanent sign in cookie that last 15-30 years), being logged out in the middle or writing a response.

It would be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pyngthyngs wrote:

Finally!  Someone who likes this Jive garbage.  I just knew there was someone out there.

Allow me to add my opinion:  This jive software is adolescent excrement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I and many others have stated, this is in no way representative of the formerly professional looking forum of old.

I know time marches on, but I still can't for the life of me understand why they made such a drastic change from what worked?  Using Jive, perhaps, but they could have made the forums *display* much more like the old one, removed the unnecessary boxes, avatars, points etc and made it more of a clean, lean functional forum.

I really miss that. 

and I *still* have to endure the slowness of the edit box.  I don't know why it's so slow, maybe my system, but geesh, backspacing/deleting characters is downright painful.  I guess the up side is that I should get better at my typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

and I *still* have to endure the slowness of the edit box.  I don't know why it's so slow, maybe my system, but geesh, backspacing/deleting characters is downright painful.  I guess the up side is that I should get better at my typing.

It's not your system... it is slow and painful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

You have to use a compliant browser for these forums. Here is the non-Jive-compliant browser list, if you have any problems using any of these browsers, Jive is not obligated to fix any problems you experience because they are unsupported.

IE

Chrome

Opera

Firefox

Safari

Konquerer

"Seamonkey" (whatever that is?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

"Seamonkey" (whatever that is?)

A monkey from the sea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds more interesting than sea kitten.. but less tasty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Monkeys are very popular eating in parts of Asia and Africa. So are dogs...

Kittens/cats ? No one  – as far as i'm aware – eats them out of choice. Maybe that's why PETA wants to rename fish to sea kittens? <shrug>

Though maybe sea dogs would work better? After all who wants to eat an old, leathery, salt-filled creature...???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that is why bull sharks are found in fresh water rivers. They like them fresh water puppies.

JayJhabrix wrote:

Ansury wrote:

Monkeys are very popular eating in parts of Asia and Africa. So are dogs...

Kittens/cats ? No one  – as far as i'm aware – eats them out of choice. Maybe that's why PETA wants to rename fish to sea kittens? <shrug>

Though maybe sea dogs would work better? After all who wants to eat an old, leathery, salt-filled creature...???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Maybe that is why bull sharks are found in fresh water rivers. They like them fresh water puppies.

I think the problem has been all this talk of puppies and kittens... now, if we were talking about pussies, the take would have been entirely different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason 'sea kitten' sounds good to me (to eat) is because I know about the idea the PITA (Pain in the..) freaks have..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines