New Forum Software?

Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cower as I write and ask this but I didn't find any clear answers. Will forum be proprietary software (Adobe designed?) or something like vBulletin?

Sorry if I'm duplicating questions here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Forum Software?

Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cower as I write and ask this but I didn't find any clear answers. Will forum be proprietary software (Adobe designed?) or something like vBulletin?

Sorry if I'm duplicating questions here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2009 0
Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new forum will use Jive's Clearspace - see this thread:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b80553/55

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2009 0
Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Will forum be proprietary software (Adobe designed?)

No, thank goodness. We need the Adobe engineers working on the applications we pay for, not forum software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2009 0
Ansury LATEST
Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D. McCahill wrote:

> Will forum be proprietary software (Adobe designed?)

No, thank goodness. We need the Adobe engineers working on the applications we pay for, not forum software.

Probably would have worked, at least. And they could sell it, whether or not it sucked--if Jive can sell their trash and profit, anyone can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2009 0
Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change FAQs here http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c637/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2009 0
Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I don't believe I've seen a Clearspace forum before - only phpBB, vBulletin, and SimpleMachines.

The Jivespace Forum appears to be run on it however.

It's an interesting choice. Perhaps it's more spam resistant. Is that the motivation behind the decision?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2009 0
Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>more spam resistant. Is that the motivation behind the decision?

No, not at all.

Read the forum changes FAQs, please.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c637/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2009 0