• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New red logo is ugly and jarring to the eye.

Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a design company Adobe sure has some ugly and bad looks. the new red A is one of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. i apologize to buko. it does look a lot redder now that i'm on my calibrated system!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but still not completely red...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

adobe-lq.png

It's #FF2800.

B.t.w. - I love it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

Red is in the eye of the beholder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly! And the shade of red is too!  If I were my brother wouldn't make any difference he is color bling and don't know the difference between red and green, he's color blind for red and green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2009 Jun 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

ok. i apologize to buko. it does look a lot redder now that i'm on my calibrated system!

Dave the actual color looks like warm red in my pantone swatch book or 032 which is colorfast warm red. which is red with a bit more yellow in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

Dave the actual color looks like warm red in my pantone swatch book or 032 which is colorfast warm red. which is red with a bit more yellow in it.

yea, that's about what i'm seeing... i made the original comment from my work system which is used primarily for application development and isn't calibrated. mea culpa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yellow and red make orange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

depends upon how much of the yellow is put in the Red. That just like Burgandy which is a Dark Red has a touch of blue in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

depends upon how much of the yellow is put in the Red. That just like Burgandy which is a Dark Red has a touch of blue in it.

Have you thought of applying for a job with Pantone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet they are having a good laugh over at Quark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quarky.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They seem to have selected the one color that looks terrible  on every background.

A pretty surprising design choice indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All symptomatic i'd say...

The new logo sucks...

Adobe _ucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

redish orangish whatever its fargin ugly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like it redder but I really don't think it's so bad. At least I'm glad it seems to have settled down on the left - over enthusiastic scrolling was causing me to hit it by mistake and get chucked out to the main page

OTOH there was nothing wrong with the one before last - there really are more important things for Adobe to be putting its energies into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody checked it with eyedropper?

No way is it red.

And PJ – for god's sake spare us your "expertise"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Nobody checked it with eyedropper?

No way is it red.

And PJ – for god's sake spare us your "expertise"!

Who said I was an expert? I didn't. I just said you ought to be abe to set up profile.

As dumb as I am ( acoording to people on the forums here state) I am able setup another profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ professionals use hardware calibrators not their eyeballs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

PJ professionals use hardware calibrators not their eyeballs

Obviously they do use their eyeballs. whether you use $20,000 calibarating equipment or use a built in program, the objective is to set up the monitor so that what you see with your eyeballs on Screen matches (corresponds to what the printer prints which is viewed one or many eyeballs. Whether in a simple spreedsheet, letter or presentation, or a brochure, or book.

And I didn't say I was a professional although I was involved many years, with an Electronics Association, and beside my normal job of Recording Secretary or Treasurer and Registered agent for the non profit corporation, I maintained a website; nd I edited and published Working Rules and Bylaws. This over 33 year period. I gave it up two years ago because I was burnt out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again I am wondering what the hell has happened to the design expertise at Adobe.  This is getting scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry Bob – they're just fixing the minor niggles.

Wait till they start on the major problems.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged on specifically to make this comment...then I'm outtie again.

The new logo is the WRONG hue/tint/shade of red.

It used to be R211/G0/B31 or #d3001f.

This eye-searing new one is R252/G0/B0 or #fc0000

Who the hell are they hiring these days?

FIRE THE BLIND TWITS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines