• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Translate - Only on Some Browsers?

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been impressed with the new Translate button, added to the forums. However, I use Chrome on a PC, or IE. It shows, and functions in both very well.

I just reviewed a post, where a FireFox (PC) user commented that Translate does not appear for them. That led me to post this query - is the Translate button browser-centric? Is there a plug-in for FF, that I can direct users to?

What are the limitations if one is accessing the forum via POP client (e-mail), or a "smart" device?

Just curious,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to clear your browser cache before it'll show up.

There's no mobile version of the site open to the public so everyone sees the same version - hence it should work on a cellphone or tablet provided the browser runs JavaScript and CSS properly. It doesn't appear at all if you're reading posts as email subscriptions - neither do the other buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thank you for that clarification.

In the meantime, I got a report of a user with an iPod Touch, and Safari, and the Adobe Forums' Translate button appeared there.

I passed on the cache cleaning to the FF user, and am awaiting reports of their success.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine on my machine using Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Curt,

Thanks for that confirmation.

The other FF user cleaned the cache, and all is working on his machine.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines