• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nightly shutdowns?

Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this going to happen every day? Both yesterday and this evening, about 5:00 PM Eastern time, the whole site went offline briefly for "scheduled maintenance." It didn't last long, but it wasn't very graceful, either -- just a buch of page load errors at first.

What's up?

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that it's a new forum and they're still working on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's why I'm asking.

I'm hoping it isn't some sort of indication that the traffic is too heavy or something.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P Spier wrote:

Well, that's why I'm asking.

I'm hoping it isn't some sort of indication that the traffic is too heavy or something.

Peter

I hope so as well but I think they're just working out all the kinks. And there seem to be plenty to be worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be hard to fix the kinks in a system they wanted to work "out of the box". Adobe probably doesn't even have control over the software beyond what it's capable of "out of the box".

What was wrong with the old forums, I still wonder. Was not smiley functionality compliant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

What was wrong with the old forums, I still wonder. Was not smiley functionality compliant?

My understanding is that a: Adobe wanted to combine the old Macromedia Forums with the Adobe branded forums in a coherent manner, and b: the software for the old Adobe branded forums was highly proprietary and not particualrly scalable for increased traffic without a major re-write, which didn't make sense going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P Spier wrote:

Ansury wrote:

My understanding is that a: Adobe wanted to combine the old Macromedia Forums with the Adobe branded forums in a coherent manner, and b: the software for the old Adobe branded forums was highly proprietary and not particualrly scalable for increased traffic without a major re-write, which didn't make sense going forward.

As well as so customized (for us... to meet our demands) that it could not be upgraded without breaking it as they upgraded their other customers. That is the reason for keeping it as "out of the box" as is reasonable. But there are necessarily issues when you are inserting one program into another... it's been kind of a test to get the Adobe site software and the forum software to work together nicely, especially when it comes to coordinating login issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and evenings (Pacific time) things get very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines