• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NO NNTP and now my Firefox is broken as well.

Valorous Hero ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See previous threads for my other comments on the NNTP topic:

NO NNTP News Feed = A loss of a lot of helpful people.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414965?tstart=30

Bring back nntp access

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415320?tstart=0

I am not the best typest or speller in the world.  I rely heavily on my system's spell-checker utilities.  As a long time NNTP user, enjoyed that I could write my replies in my handy News|Email|RSS reader with its usefull spell checker utility.  Even on the occasional web interface, when I post content, I rely on the spell checker that Firefox has built in.

All of this is missing for me in these new forums.  The NNTP feed is gone, see the previous topics for why the email system is not yet an acceptable substitue and now when I try to make use of the web inteface, I find this fancy shmancy DHTML WYSIWYG editor breaks my browser's spell checker utility.  This is the only forum I have utilized that does this and it is not the only one that on can use HTML in.

I'm sorry, I am not impressed with this new forum.  What features I preceive as losses far out weight the modest gains in features.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the forum's own spell checker.

It's that little abc-Greentick thing at the top right of the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I had not yet located that.

But I'm sorry offering me a inferior solution to a problem already solved does little to make me feel better about this tool.

My tools spell check for me inline as I type when I am thinking about the words I am trying to put down.  Not have to go back after I am done and do it later.

Why does this interface have to interfere with Firefox's spell checker?  While I have never tried anything quite this complex, anything I have built or used that does this type of interface could do their jobs with breaking the users browser.

Now off to spell check this reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines