• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not a Day Goes By Without a New and Exciting Bug

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I couldn't post two small JPEG images in the same post.  It showed fine in the editor, but not when the post was made.  Two subsequent attempts to edit it, even with a different filename, didn't succeed in making the image show.

Here's the thread:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/3618788#3618788

You may notice it let me post the second image in a subsequent reply.

Here are the two images I tried to post:

AutomaticallyOpenSupportedJPEGs.jpg

...and...

Bridge_PSCS5.jpg

Edit:  Looks like it works here, making it all the more interesting a problem.

How does a software system get that wrong in one place and not in another?  Has the forum software become self-aware?  JiveSkyNet, I take back all the bad things I have ever said about you.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

One thing that I found, that could really mess up the ability to post JPEG's in a Reply are spaces in the file names. Yes, those little blank things, that most OS's have been able to handle for a long time. I just go back to the old underscore ( _ ), like in DOS days. Also, some have reported failures in posting JPEG's with long file names, or a very long Path.

Do any of those figure into your intended workflow?

Also, I have gone to PNG's, though many of my older examples are in JPEG format. If I have to go back to their "parent" PSD's, say to make a change, the new output will be PNG.

Good luck, and hope that helps. I've been able to post up to about 7 images in a Reply, so long as I follow the conventions above.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thoughts, Bill, though none of these things seem to be an issue here, save for possibly the filename was longer than 8.3 characters.  But so was the one that worked.

The image that DID work was: AutomaticallyOpenSupportedJPEGs.jpg

The image that did NOT work was:  BridgePSCS5.jpg and Bridge_PSCS5.jpg (on two different tries)

Both of these were posted from my C:\TEMP folder.

I didn't think to try PNG format.  If I see it again I will try that.

Normally I do not have any problems with posting images.  Just today, possibly because Jive doesn't feel well.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As for the length, I am not talking the old 8.3, but probably ~ 125 characters. For me, it was the spaces that really got in the way, though some files w/ spaces did upload?

As we've found some similar issues with file names in Adobe Encore, I have gotten back in the habit of doing underscores. Same thing for some normally benign characters, and I am not talking : \ , etc. - the ones that we all know to NOT use. Apostrophes, and a few others, bring Encore to a halt.

Wow, I see nothing to cause an issue with those file names - short, sweet and no spaces. That is a real mystery to me.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines