Not able to log in; Do we now have to use new identity?

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent many hours in frustration trying to log on to the forums last week. Finally, I was able to log on by some mystery but no such luck this week. Is there any way to use my old log in name so I can keep my history, record of my use with topics flagged normally that I have visited, or do I need to use this new moniker and basically start over?

Thank You,

Ken

Ken Nielsen, forum user since 1997

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to log in; Do we now have to use new identity?

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent many hours in frustration trying to log on to the forums last week. Finally, I was able to log on by some mystery but no such luck this week. Is there any way to use my old log in name so I can keep my history, record of my use with topics flagged normally that I have visited, or do I need to use this new moniker and basically start over?

Thank You,

Ken

Ken Nielsen, forum user since 1997

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 22, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, they are trying to get people to link their current login information to an Adobe ID so when the two sets of forums are combined, the new software will know who everyone is, and what account posts belong to. The reason to tie it to store accounts is because there are so many common names that occur in both sets of forums. They need every login to relate to a unique account. The current MM forums are already tied to such an account, they are trying to add these to those. Things are not going as expected tho, and many people are having problems. Please look through other threads at http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7db68/ for additional information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't expect Ken no longer to be able to log on here as himself, though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He may end up needing to work with John to get accounts disconnected and reconnected properly. I don't know for sure, but I would suspect so. I get the feeling that that may end up being the case for quite a few people.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saskatchewanobie, eh?

I've got a bad feeling about this...

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news is... the names here go away. The bad news may be... they get replaced with whatever name is in the account you link it to. (and those that don't get linked will be credited to "Guest") I'm waiting to see if everyone is their email address if that is what they used for a log in name. Wouldn't that be fun ever?!?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0