Exit

Not Answered / Possibly Answered

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a good question deeply buried in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/435996?tstart=0

Why is the question marked as Not Answered instead of Possibly Answered?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the OP able to designate that it's still not answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesseham wrote:

Is the OP able to designate that it's still not answered?

I still have the option to give out answers. but see no button to push that says not answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen Not Answered in other threads, but usually with first reply.

But bottom line, WHO CARES?

The Not Answered/Possibly Answered is just a computer generated response I believe and makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other threads, I have posted several times the reasons why I think the whole business of points and answered/not answered should be eliminated. Until it is,  I think we may at least expect it to work consistently, and not be distracted with programming bugs.

Addition: I have anwered my own question. When the OP posts a second message, s/he is asked at the beginning if the question has been answered. When I first posted this message, I marked the "not answered" option, and the "Possibly Answered" at the beginning of this thread was changed to "Not Answered". So there is no bug; marking a question as Not Abnswered is a choice of the OP.

Naturally, I'm asuming that, if the OP choses to mark the question as Not Answered the first time s/he is asked, the question will continue appearing as Not Answered until s/he chooses to mark it as Answered.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: Addition,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you noticed that not answered is at the top of this thread too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. See the Addition in my previous message, and its present status (I answered it myself, and I get no points).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: I changed this question to Answered when editing my post, and its status wasn't changed. I am trying now in an original post.

Addition: Yes, this time it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm the winner!  C'mon with the points so I can go impress people in the PC Flash forum and give them fake answers that they'll have to believe since I'll have 2 meatballs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love meatballs... specially with spaghetti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesseham wrote:

So I'm the winner!  C'mon with the points so I can go impress people in the PC Flash forum and give them fake answers that they'll have to believe since I'll have 2 meatballs!

No, you are not. I answered my own question so, sorry, no points for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pffft.  Whatever dude.  Look at post #1! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines