• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number of postings could be wrong

Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the new forum web site is showing a wrong value for the user's total number of postings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be showing the number of messages on this system after the export/import. That number can be different from your old count in the Macromedia Forums, which had its own count that included older/archived messages that are no longer available. The number now shows how many messages you have that are available in the new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post count is nonsense.  It shouldn't even be there.

I've succesfully obliterated it in Firefox, along with other junk.  See my post with screen shots: here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414484?tstart=0

Hallelujah!  I've finished cleaning the new forum view to where I can live with it:

No more avatars, no more "Popular Discussions" box, no more "Top Participants", no more "More Like This" nonsense, no more "Answer Bar", no more black footer at the end of every fluffykittening page, no more ridiculous LED meter bars suggesting Levels of participation, no more number of posts, no more "Date since…", no labels, no Community Expert badges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Re: Number of postings could be wrong

It should be showing the number of messages on this system after the export/import. That number can be different from your old count in the Macromedia Forums, which had its own count that included older/archived messages that are no longer available. The number now shows how many messages you have that are available in the new system.

John,

My count is totally off.  In the Lightroom forum it is showing an entry of 1 message..  There were hundreds I had posted there under the old system.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed that for some reason, wierd characters are showing up in my ID when I making some posts.  Can't explain that one????

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay, are you logging in with two different Adobe IDs that have similar screen names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

No..  I am logging in with the email ID associated with my Adobe account.  I made that transition very early when Adobe requested it.  I am getting multiple different variations of my JayS-CT name showing up, despite logging in with the same email address each time.  I'm pretty much at a loss.  Is the "-" in the middle causing grief?  I'm also getting counts as though it is a brand new ID on the system, and all the counts I had from my previous posts all seem to be gone.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I just logged off and back in again...  The post I just made before this originally said JayS-CT.  NOW it is showing another crazy variant... Also, my profile seems to be indicating that I just joined...

HELP!!!!

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent it off to the Support folks.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thanks...  As you can see in this thread alone I've had like 5 different variants.  By the way, is there anyway to easily do a "quote" of a previous post when you want to respond to someone directly (other than cut/paste)?  I don't see that option any longer.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS-CT wrote:

John,

Thanks...  As you can see in this thread alone I've had like 5 different variants.  By the way, is there anyway to easily do a "quote" of a previous post when you want to respond to someone directly (other than cut/paste)?  I don't see that option any longer.

Jay S.

Are you not seeing the option (the text bubble with a quotation mark)? Or is the option not working for you (click on it and nothing happens)?

What browser are you using? I have noticed that in IE6 you have to type something in the reply box before the Quote option works. In FireFox you can start out by clicking the Quote button.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the text bubble with a quotation mark

That quotes the whole post. Thanks to whoever pointed out, you can copy a chunk of text, go to Reply, click the two greater than symbols, choose Quote, and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to whoever pointed out, you can copy a chunk of text, go to Reply, click the two greater than symbols, choose Quote, and paste.

yer welcome. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

JayS-CT wrote:

John,

Jay S.

Are you not seeing the option (the text bubble with a quotation mark)? Or is the option not working for you (click on it and nothing happens)?

What browser are you using? I have noticed that in IE6 you have to type something in the reply box before the Quote option works. In FireFox you can start out by clicking the Quote button.

John

John,

I didn't before, but do now.  I was looking for it on the main page, not in the sub menu.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay, some questions from the support folks:

The very first time you logged in to the new forums - were you able to login without any modifications to your Adobe ID?  Or were you alerted that the screen name or e-mail address was already in use?

and, do you have multiple Adobe IDs?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

The very first time you logged in to the new forums - were you able to login without any modifications to your Adobe ID?  Or were you alerted that the screen name or e-mail address was already in use?

Thanks!

John,

I assume you meant this for me JayS-CT?  When I first tried to establish a screen name a long time ago, I tried JayS and wasn't able to use that, so I added the "-CT" which is CT=Connecticut (I needed some additional qualifier) 🙂 ....  When I logged in and ask for Adobe to send me my Userid associated with my email address, it came back with my email address only.  When I am logged on and look in my profile, I correctly see the JayS-CT association, which I did at the time Adobe asked us all.

I'm a bit confused with the other notes from the other "Jay" coming in..  Is there some confusion between his ID and mine?

Jay S.  (in Connecticut).

Message was edited by: JayS-CT     I just noticed that the earlier posts which had JayS-CT now have the added text, and this most recent post says I've only got one post to my name....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Thanks!

John,

Just confirmed my theory... These wierd variations occur after I have exited and come back in.  It isn't even a case of being logged out.  I close my Adobe Window in Firefox, then came back.  When I did, the eariler posts that we labled as JayS-CT now show the added text.

Is there something I should do with the JayS-CT id as far as changing it?  If so, how, and can I ever get my original count back?

Jay S (in CT)   🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Thanks!

John,

I changed my screen name to JayS_In_CT, and now it is doing the same thing.  When I sign off and back on, the old entry takes on the additional characters.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened the very first time you logged into the forums on Sunday or Monday? Did you yet an error message asking you to add a screen name, or anything like that? Just asking about your very first login here.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

What happened the very first time you logged into the forums on Sunday or Monday? Did you yet an error message asking you to add a screen name, or anything like that? Just asking about your very first login here.

Thanks!

John

John,

Nothing..  I just logged in with my email address and password and all this started.  You can see some of the same thing on the Lightroom Forum.  I can try to create another ID with a different email address, but even if that worked, I'd prefer to use this email address and try to understand why all the extra characters are coming in..

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS_in_CT wrote:

John Cornicello wrote:

Thanks!

John

John,

Nothing..  I just logged in with my email address and password and all this started.  You can see some of the same thing on the Lightroom Forum.  I can try to create another ID with a different email address, but even if that worked, I'd prefer to use this email address and try to understand why all the extra characters are coming in..

Jay S.

John,

Testing with another ID and Screen Name to see if when I log back on the characters are added.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Test 2.  As soon as I logged back in with the old ID, the last JayS_In_CT changed.  I didn't even have to post a message.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS_in_CT wrote:

John,

Test 2.  As soon as I logged back in with the old ID, the last JayS_In_CT changed.  I didn't even have to post a message.

Jay S.

John,

Posting with the alternate Screen Name (JaySott) and Adobe ID.  There is no change to the earlier JaySott post.  It has something to do with the other ID.  I wonder if it is the "special characters".  I will try two more posts after I change the JayS_In_CT ID.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS_in_CT wrote:

John,

Jay S.

John,

I altered the above Screen Name to eliminate the "_"s and made them blanks.  When I log off and log back on we'll see if this Screen ID changes.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines