October 30th Release Notes

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Here are the updates we released today on the Adobe Support Community:

Reading

• New: A “Resources” area on community and conversation pages that highlights quick links to FAQs, tutorials, and ACP blogs and articles. You'll start seeing Resources when our community managers configure them.
  • Enhancement: The community page was switched from infinite scrolling to pagination to accommodate sidebar content on mobile and tablet views
  • Enhancement: The Color Management community board was included in the following categories on the home page: Photography, Design & Layout, Video & Motion, Illustration, Documents & PDF
  • Bug: Various visual fixes to the mobile view of a conversation page, community page banners, breadcrumbs, and conversation page images

Posting/Editing/Replying

• Bug: Various visual fixes to threaded replies, rich-text editor, create a post page, replies to original posts

Actioning on a Post/Reply

• Bug: Authors of posts should be able to mark a reply as a correct answer now
  • Bug: Various visual fixes to the more menu and the translate menu

Notification

• Enhancement: New look and feel and content included in the following emails: 
    • emails about a new post submitted to a community board you follow
    • emails about a new post submitted to a community board with a specific topic you follow
    • emails about replies to a post you created
  • Bug: emails with older look and feel have various fixes to content and visual elements
  • Bug: some emails were using the "Adobe Support Community" name instead of the respective community board name, this should now be fixed.

If you have any ideas about the Adobe Support Community or bugs to submit, please make a post in this community board and select the Feature Request or Bug topic.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe
TOPICS
Release Notes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot just drag images to the forum anymore and trying to view multiple images or screenshots at full resolution is nearly impossible.

I’ve also noticed that I get logged out if I leave the web page and look at another for more than about 10 minutes. Still have a long ways to go before this forum is as useful as the previous one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed been logged out as well, strange thing is if I refresh the page I get the logon screen and then a couple of seconds later I'm logged back in without having to enter my username and password

Still lots of bugs to sort out, I already reported the issue of not been able to copy and paste images and was disappointed that it hasn't been fixed

Still getting this

2019-10-30 21_21_14-October 30th Release Notes - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

We have both issues logged and are working on them. Apologies for the delay in getting these items sorted out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st thank you

2nd with regards to the FAQ and helpful resources section.. where do we need to ask for items to be added to the list i.e is it a central wish list or each forum leader gets contacted as needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway,

Apologies for the delayed response. I'll follow up with the team on how we'd like for requests for resources to be processed.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the Resources feature only for Photoshop now?
Some help documentation is only available in English, and others will need to change the region when we want to read to the appropriate language version. Not helpful for other language users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ten A,

No, resources can be enabled for each community board. But it is dependent on the respective community management team to enable the Resources and fill them with helpful links. Right now, changing content in Resources based on language choice is not a feature but it's something we're thinking about for the future.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, We'll wait...
Most people want to read in their own native language. It's not only Japanese people.
I heavily recommended adding an auto-selecting appropriate language feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The inability to drag/drop images into a post D R A M A T  I C A  L L Y

slows down our efforts to use screengrabs to help users.

P A I N F U L L Y so.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

many thanks for all the hard work, especially for the color management listing change, now we may see some posts appearing on that board. 

Although it would certainly help if it also appeared in "Related Communities".

Can the nesting of replies everyone seems to hate get fixed?

The ongoing recommendation (workaround) to use the reply button on the OP's post is OK I guess, but once posts get paginated that becomes painful.

I find I am giving more than twice as much screen time to this new forum format with hardly any increase in my helping end-users with issues.

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Breaking the "use the first reply button only" rule, but the original post is being repeated at the top of every page, along with the Reply button. It isn't necessary to go back to the first page for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, nested replies of replies to main theard should work. I asked about it on October 18th:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Feedback/October-18th-Release-Notes/m-p/10695200#M484

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have No idea what you mean by that statement. 

Nested Replies Do NOT work in any form.

Your Nested Reply that I am Replying to is on the First Page of this 3 page discussion. How does that work for someone that is looking for a solution to the same problem. They open a 3 page discussion and the Right answer is Nested inside some other Nest on the first page but made only minutes ago when the original post was started days/weeks/months/years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey, I'm sorry, probably I understood that different way than I should, so let me explain what changed in my opinion after this update what still didn't work at October 18th.

There wasn't possible to make reply to reply that was made to main thread. Now it is. So when I reply to your post it won't be added as next reply to linsims post, but directly under yours, I mean there will be made another indentation.

EDIT: today it worked as like described above, but after I clicked REPLY button I noticed it again doesn't work.

So once it works, and other time doesn't 😕

btw there is another bug. After I put link to other user, and then continued writing it changed thickness of the font 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was always a way to make a Reply to a Nested Reply. The difference was every top Nest had a link that read "View All Replies". Even if there was No other replies or second Nests you got that link/wording. Until you Click that link to Expand the nest you did not get a Reply button or see if there was any other replies let alone a second, moved slightly to the right, nest of replies (one of the Dumbest things I had ever seen in my life).

3rd Nests have never worked, IE moved to the right again. The Geniuses that designed this Mess never thought of it. They also want this Support Forum to work like Twitter or something like it. In one of the posts from one of them they said we want to keep Trending posts at or near the top of the list. That is why the Default sort order was Relevance. the big question was Relevent To WHO. In a Support forum there are NO Trending posts. People come here for help with a problem, Not to socialize. And if they do there are special forums for that, The Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please get this nesting reply fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann as you seem to agree.

There is NO FIX for nested replying.

It has to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm checking whether nested replies work now by answering to Just Shoot Me post. EDIT: they works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I reply to your Nest of my nest it appears directly below your post. Not to the Right one more time/space to show it is a Reply to your post. It looks like it is a reply to my First Nest.

If I now made a reply to my initial nest it would appear above or below this reply.

So who is replying to who?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. I thought I'm replying to enough nested reply to be sure it works. Well it still doesn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not get it. Not sure you ever will. Again all of this series of replies is on Page 2 of a 3 page discussion. Just how do you follow that? You can't.

With No nesting posts are listed in order of the date/time they were made. Not Willy Nilly somewhere in the middle of a multi page discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This part of thread was on the 2nd page of 3. So when I'm replying on the second page in some subthread it should stay on the 2nd one, not to be moved to the last one. But yes, there could be option to sort subthreads by date then, I mean of last reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a reply to my original Nest reply. See it is Inline with yours and my reply to your Nest to my original nest.

Again Who is Replying to Who.

Nested Replies DO NOT WORK and they have to be GONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually not gone but fixed? 🙂

Ps. on Jive forum the posts were numbered, plus we could click single one to open the whole thread exactly in position of specific post, or use that as link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines