• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd action in the product forums

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm on the second page of posts, enter a discussion, then hit the browser back button to go back to the list, it takes me back to page 1 every time.

Is it just me?

(Using Firefox 3.5.3 on a Mac running 10.5.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe we've reported this one before.  +1 Jive bug anyway.  Seems like Jive's incompetent buggy ajax javascript screwing up.  I'd be happy if we just had a way to get to the last page of the thread without having to click multiple times and wait....wait....wait... for these sometimes snail slow forums to decide to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on windows IE8 hitting the back button. But isn't that normal or have I been doing it for so long it seems normal? If I am on page 2 and hit the back button it always takes me back to the last page and that is always page one of a thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

When I'm on the second page of posts, enter a discussion, then hit the browser back button to go back to the list, it takes me back to page 1 every time.

Is it just me?

Nope that's the way these Jive A** forums work... guess the subsequent discussion pages are in a 'frame'... which is why all web designers of any repute veto frames... To go back to the previous page, you need to click the numbers... but that only works if you're in the list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately I don't find myself in that situation often. I guess that's why I only noticed it today (went to the InDesign forum for the first time in a long time) but still, pretty crappy programmin' there Jive kiddos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Fortunately I don't find myself in that situation often.

Nor me... what i do is run through the topics and open the ones i'm interested in a new tab/window (nomenclature varies according to browser )... then read at leisure... close the last one and i'm back at the original list... a refresh shows if any new messages have been added on or new threads started.. it really helps with slow opening pages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Is it just me?

this was reported while still in beta graf. no one at adobe or jive gives a shiete, of course. just like all the other fakking bugs. it's the biggest PITA going except for not being taken  back to the same place you left off at in a threadf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

it's the biggest PITA going except for not being taken  back to the same place you left off at in a threadf

Agreed on both counts.

I can see it being very confusing for a new person that is searching through threads as well. Even though I've got plenty of use in these forums, it took me a bit to realize what the heck was happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

made it impossible (or more effort than it was worth) to help someone who's post scrolls off the 1st page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were told all this (and the rest) and they still blundered on.  

A classic case of "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with facts".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bottom line is, these "jiveboards" lack even the basic, correctly functioning "features" (paging???) that ALL web forums have.

I think when they had their list of feature requirements (if they even had one to begin with), someone must have accidentally marked "forum thread paging" and "browser back button" functionality as "optional".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines