Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Okay, don't change the forums anymore!

Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, really.  I think it's actually...... functioning correctly in the new version of Opera 10.51  (PJ confirm?  I know you got it installed, hehe.)  when running under Mask as Firefox mode.  Exciting, isn't it?  It's fast too!!!  (Although, that's probably more thanks to Opera than anything.)  Opera > Chrome again!

The forums are still mickey mouse point-counting silly places, but I think I can live with that.  I may have to retire from serious anti-Jive campaigning until the next version comes out to break things again...   

Hope I don't find any unexpected bugs, but it seems we can change the forum (decent) compatibility list to:

Chrome

Opera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

No, really.  I think it's actually.....

No Dude...

I think you just lost the plot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh.  Hard to believe eh?  Jive is.... working.  A sentence I never believed I would type.

But

I'm sure some day soon I'll be able to take it back, because if there's any certainty with JavaScript and AJAX rubbish, it's that it'll break again some day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

I'm sure some day soon I'll be able to take it back,

me lad... guess you just found the plot again... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now if only the abobe websites became compatible with IE8............ I still have to click on compatibility view button to get Adobe websites to function correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE8? IE8? Who uses that... ? OH, Dec9 wants to.

Sorry that the Jive fora are not really IE friendly, even lowly old IE7, which I enjoyed using.

Got ya!

Yeah, maybe in our dreams, we'll have multi-browser fora, that will work with IE versions.

Good luck to all of us,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's kind of like a random lottery with dynamic winners.

Next Jive update, maybe your browser will work, and not the ones that currently do!  Who knows?  Maybe another browser version will come out and it will function, but you have to take the risk (buy the lottery ticket) that your investment of time will actually pay off.  On the other hand, maybe the next version of Jiveware isn't compatible with the new version, but works fine with the old?

So much fun!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I will have to eat my words, but I think that I can live with things, as they are right now. Yes, things could be improved upon, but I can live with it now.

Hunt, wondering what wine goes with his "words?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mad Dog 20/20? Ripple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, had not thought of those in many decades. Not sure that I wish to now, but who knows?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of those 4 foot tall bottles of Chianti. Or was that Lambrusco? I forget,it was a long time ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Any new JiveLottery winners? Did a recent update fix Firefox or any other browser issues people have been having?  This is actually the second paragraph of the post but I couldn't add it below the first paragraph because of the carriage return problem.... sigh..

I assume the JiveLottery was reset again.  Newlines are broken again for me in Opera..  yay Jiveware!  I knew those jives wouldn't let me down!  I have no idea what changed but it definitely had been working for me for weeks.  (newlines, once again, now add extra lines BEFORE the paragraph you're within instead of after - terrible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the extra linerfeeds/carriage returns introduced by the software, the cure is to type Enter twice before starting to write your message. Workaround posted by Curt Y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

<snipped>...the cure is to type Enter twice before starting to write your message. Workaround posted by Curt Y.

Knock! Knock!

Who's there?

Enter

Enter who?

Enter at your own risk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be nice if there was an apple script to tell when you reply or create post to automatically return 3 or 4 times then imediately do the reverse. Since it looks like it will never ever be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio González wrote:

If you are talking about the extra linerfeeds/carriage returns introduced by the software, the cure is to type Enter twice before starting to write your message. Workaround posted by Curt Y.

Hmm, that might be changing the behavior slightly but even after doing that (in Opera) hitting enter on a line of text isn't doing what it normally does on Planet Earth.  Still in Planet Jive mode it seems!  Not quite sure yet what the text box rules are for "enter twice" mode.

Still I think I'll be going back to Chrome again (until that breaks too), as I have no desire for developing bizarre obsessive-compulsive habits before I start typing in every text box I see.

And people wonder why I damn JavaScript and AJAX hacks to the hells for all eternity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines