• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old posts popping up

LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over on the Acrobat Windows forum there have been a lot of old post poppin up lately. I usually don't respond, but today failed to notice the date on this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4099957#4099957

Is this a bug or are they cropping up due to someone's intentional action?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

...still shows for some time; I think it's a couple of days. And spammers have been very active, specially on weekends.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a serious problem as seen in this picture:

22-12-2011 20-14-10.png

I thought it was something to do with my machine but it is not so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know (from previous discussions) this is due to spam attacks

When a spam attack hits an old message, and the spam message is then removed, the message does not SHOW a new posting, but the internal date is such that the old message thread still shows in the current list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...still shows for some time; I think it's a couple of days. And spammers have been very active, specially on weekends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Claudio,

I'm marking this as the correct answer to get you on your way to that next 1000 mark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George Johnson wrote:

Thanks Claudio,

I'm marking this as the correct answer to get you on your way to that next 1000 mark. 

Thanks. This time I know from where I got these new 10 points...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as some of us missed Claudio's Big 1000 mark, we should probably get the balloons, and punch ready for 2000!

@ Claudio, I promise that I will not miss the next tier...

Hunt

PS - from time to time, and in the forums where I tend to hang out, I see the same thing - "Updated," but with no new posts, and usually around the time of spam attacks. Now, I have had a few threads, where that "Updated" sticks for a few days, even after I have viewed it. Could be that some spammer is active using that old thread, and that Rick, and others, are just busier deleting their work, than I am at going back to see what was added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is often a spam issue. If someone posts a reply to an old thread it pops back up to the top. Even if the reply has been deleted as spam. It also happens if someone reports a thread as abusive, even if it isn’t. The forum picks up the “last modified” date for any item within that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe-Admin,

That makes sense, and thank you for pointing out the possibility for the second part. I had not considered that.

Usually the posts, that seem to "stick," become "unstuck" after a few days.

Appreciated, as always,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Claudio is spot on. I recall a couple of weeks ago when one such attack occurred. Posts were arriving faster than they could be deleted. I think I deleted more than 100 myself that evening. And if memory serves, a very large portion of those were in the Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, makes sense now that you spelled it out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines