Sep 17, 2011 Sep 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that the posts and edit boxes stretch as you change the size of your browser.

Some things to watch out for, though...  No links to the last post nor read tracking in the "All Content" tab.  But the "Discussions" tab has them.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things to watch out for, though...

Indeed, Noel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also mail notifications kicked back on by default. woke up to a box full of email. don't forget to go in to your prefs and turn them off if you don't want them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

You have not read through everything (neither had I some hours ago, as you can see):

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3923685#3923685

Have you enjoyed the Search improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these notifications for individual threads or forums that you had turned off individually? Or is this for automatic notifications, where you set your preferences to not automatically subscribe you to your own content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe-admin wrote:

Are these notifications for individual threads or forums that you had turned off individually? Or is this for automatic notifications, where you set your preferences to not automatically subscribe you to your own content?

Thanks for responding, although late, I just wanted to close the loop. This was for updates in both this thread (so, newly created, by me) and updates to threads that existed before the migration.

I had previously had all notifications turned off.

A quick pop into the FAQ showed me how to turn them off again.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458

Again, thanks for getting back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

woke up to a box full of email.

Yes, that WAS a surprise.

One thing, regarding the use of the Back Button, is that now most (all?) links open in a new tab, at least in Chrome. I have to get used to that, as there is no Back from the new tab. Just gotta' retrain my feeble mind, and look at the tabs more closely. Gonna' take some time for me to get it all down. At least in normal circumstances, the Back Buttond does work for me.

On a slightly different note, being able to view an entire thread from the editing screen is greatly appreciated, as it quickly allows one to extract and block quote from several replies.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was the back button not working?  I never noticed that. Do you mean the browser's back button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was the back button not working?  I never noticed that. Do you mean the browser's back button?

Now the browser Back button takes you back to the same Discussion page; earlier you were thrown back to the very top of the first page. Less funny if you are looking at older threads.

The old way of getting back was to use the Up to Discussions link at the top; still less funny, but less so.

But now we are happier.

To get to the very top, I believe many of us use the Bookmark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

Now the browser Back button takes you back to the same Discussion page; earlier you were thrown back to the very top of the first page. Less funny if you are looking at older threads.

Oh yes, that's right!  Thanks for the clarification.  I got so used to that behavior that I was resigned to it.  I only did a quick peek into the forum earlier today and didn't see that change.  It seems a lot of great enhancements have been made!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, acres.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines