• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One step forward, two steps back

Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the deal? Clicking on a thread takes me to that thread, but I have to click the Back button twice to get to the list of threads.

Stupid Jive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one of the many small "features" of these forums that isn't likely to be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The really stupid thing is: it's not fixed; sometimes two Back buttons take me to my last post.  And when that happens, the Forward button becomes inactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely encounter the two click menace so there seems to be a strange difference in what may happen.

Apart from that, you may consider bookmarking the forum thread list(s), and using that when you just wish to go to the first page.

That may also give you the opportunity to have the Discussion as default (I never go elsewhere), and to set (up to) 100 threads per page.

You can insert the right code at the end of the URL to get the Discussion and also to get 100 threads. This is how it looks for this forums (from the ? on),

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions#/?per_page=100

as opposed to this,

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long standing issue, and unresolved, as I posted about this issue in April of 2012.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4362998#4362998

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I meant in my message #1 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly that kind of day today, fighting with Windows 8.1 preview installations to get them to a point where I can do things like evaluate the OS and applications.

But for the multitude of problems I see with IE I don't see the problem you're reporting here.  One click of the Back button and it just goes back.

I suppose I should consider myself lucky.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, many of these "features" seem to be only available for part of the users of these forums. The size and composition of this part being randomly different for each feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines