• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One thing that confuses me about these new forums...

Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that one of the reasons this forum software was picked was supposedly "high usage volume by the Adobe community." (Is this true?)

Isn't it a little odd that something with all these bloatware features (and JavaScript on the front end) .....actually won the competition???

I mean, if performance was a top priority, shouldn't we have lost features rather than gain dozens (of crummy features)?

I don't buy that argument at all. (Assuming I'm correctly informed that Adobe had a hard time searching for software, due to the high usage level of the forums.)

Whoever did the evaluations of which software to use, I'm sure was looking for "fancy features" as a top priority, not performance.  I'd also be very curious to know what the rejected alternatives were.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The users talked a lot about speed... hoping this form would be as fast as webx

As I remember the reason in the FAQ about why... speed was not mentioned, but VOLUME was

I remember it being written there were 600k members, with 400k messages last year... and that webx was not dealing with that volume very well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus the need to have one forum for all Adobe products rather then two completely separate ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except for Flash/Shockwave, DreamWeaver, and Fireworks They could have killed of the rest of the Macromedia stuff and it would have been to complicated to bring three more groups in the foal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Philip; Spit it out !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Philip; Spit it out !

I wish i had points to give you in this thread! 🙂 man, good thing i had swallowed my coffee! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I like being honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I like being honest.

and that's why we luvs ya pj. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad someone does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen one bit of evidence that the New and Improved forums are any faster or slower that the WebCrossing version.  This one is, and the previous one was erratic at best.

However, earlier today I concluded that the current Jive server is an Apple II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just saying ...

madness2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bug, love your profile pic! very ominous! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines