• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OT: Mobile Jive Adobe Forum

Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to the forum on my iPhone while at lunch. I was surprised to see the mobile version. I have a few observations.

First, there's no way to log-in or to reply to the threads.

Second, it is so slow loading that I thought the phone had crashed.

Third, there's no option for smart devices to use the full web based view.

Fourth, it is so slow, did I mention that?

Fifth, as far as I know the forum worked just fine on the iPad, iPhone, even iPpod touch, and even on the Android (no direct experience here) so why the change?

Sixth, many placed images and placed videos don't show up.You just get an error code for the images. Makes it real hard to answer questions.

While I was writing this post somehow I stumbled on a page that showed all recent posts from all forums. The tab at the top says Everyone. You get there by using the back button. There was a log-in button at the top but the log-in isn't working. The funny thing about this home page is that it is very fast, but there's also no way to get from that apparent mobile home page to specific forum. Please give us the option to use the standard web view. The mobile version with a modern smart phone is a total waste of forum resources.

I guess that's it. I tried to find the general forum discussions but couldn't locate it. Please forgive the noise on the AE forum and feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already bitched about this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/910441?tstart=0

And I want to b i t c h about it again: Jive Mobile is completely, totally, utterly, irrevocably, pointlessly, unusable, beyond redemption.

Bring back Web Crossing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One has to wonder, why isn't there a way to disable it?  It's not like iPhones, et. al. can't just do regular web browsing!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh.

Just now somehow I managed to get back to forums.adobe.com on my ex-iPhone (now wifi only) and it stayed there...  And I'm logged-in!

It's still QUITE a bit slower than on my powerful desktop workstation though...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An attempt to edit the above post from the iPhone yielded the error "You are using a device with which you can only add content.  You'll need to use a computer instead."

However, I was able to make this post from the iPhone.

I guess that's a fancy way of saying the Advanced Editor doesn't work on an iPhone.

Just plain weird.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Jive is gone for the iPhone. Who ever did that, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it that bad?

Would like to try it. Can I enable it on my Phone ? Does it run on Android or is it (was it) iPhone only?

The desktop version is almost unusably slow on my aging ARMv6 phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines