• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs created from Adobe Forum discussions leave replies truncated

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat X Pro 10.1.8, Win7-64 up to date, Firefox 24.0 and Adobe web conversion plugin.

Generating PDFs from other web sites works fine. However, when I generate a PDF from an Adobe Forum discussion, the PDF comes out with the original question intact, and all replies are offset to the right, with most of the text truncated.

An example follows, showing the first and second replies to a question.

I realize that I can use the "View as PDF" link on the Adobe discussion, and then save that PDF, but it's a bit of an annoyance, having to remember to capture PDFs differently for Adobe Forums than for other web sites.

Is there a PDF setting or something I can do to make an entire discussion readable using the PDF web conversion plugin? Thanks for any suggestions.

Acrobat_TruncatedTextInAdobeForums.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writefielder,

How (well) does it work if you use View print preview instead of View as PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jacob. Yes, if I open View Print Preview in another tab, that opens an intact discussion thread, similar to the original. And, if I produce a PDF from that page using the Adobe plugin, it comes out fine.

So, thanks to your suggestion and to the View as PDF suggestion in the Acrobat forum, I have two ways to produce a good PDF file.

Still, I wish I didn't have to think ahead and know that any discussion thread from which I generate a PDF in an Adobe forum will be corrupted unless I do things differently than I do for other vendors' forums. In the grand scheme of things, it's really a nit, but a nit that I find amusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Writefielder.

I have used View Print Preview as a way to archive threads on the harddisk as HTML that may be opened with a browser offline. I started doing that in the days of the fair forums that were before the present (way of the) forums: back then, the threads would fall into the abyss after a certain period and be gone forever; now they are kept indefinitely, so I eventually stopped archiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only for discussions on the forums themselves. I think you should ask in the Acrobat forum,

http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudio,

Actually, I did post first in the Acrobat forum. A nice person with over 10,000 posts sent me here:

"This is more of a question for the Forum Comments forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments"

Personally, I think he is right. I think this is a discussion on the forums, themselves. As far as I can tell, the phenomenon that I describe affects every discussion in every Adobe forum.

People, such as me, who like to capture answers to questions on the web by using the PDF web capture plugin, must treat Adobe forum discussions different from all other web forums.

Again, I can live with this little hiccup. It's not a big deal. Still, I find it amusing that visiting an Adobe web site and using an Adobe tool to produce a PDF file from it, and then using an Adobe package to view that PDF file, does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not really an Adobe website; it's Jive!

Try it again next week after the forum upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines