• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Personal information

LEGEND ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This person thinks they are talking to support and has added some slightly personal info to their post.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2808797#2808797

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Report Abuse, and from the drop-down, one can choose "Personal Information." I have found that to be very effective. I also point out to the OP, that they would be best to not post such - however if I Reply to their post, or a Reply, they cannot edit it out, and someone from Adobe will need to do this. I just do not want the OP to be surprised, when their e-dress, or phone # is suddenly gone.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some moderators who explain what they did when they modify a message. The one who acted in this case was one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen it done both ways, so try my best to alert the OP, especially if they are rather new to the fora. I hate surprises, myself, so I wish to help them avert that shock - "what happened to my _______ ?"

I would also anticipate that the inclusion of explanation of material removal might be related to a MOD's forum, the number of deletions, and many other factors. I'm just glad that I am NOT a MOD. I do this on some other sites, and it is a thankless job. Never was a "hall monitor," or "dorm proctor" in school. Did one term as a "crossing guard," and swore that I would never do that again - no matter what you do, someone hates you for it.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines