• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plain text editor strips angle brackets

Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't type angle brackets (like > and <) in the non-rich editor. They go the same place as new lines. I hope it's a happy place.

Hmm, sometimes they survive, lets try angle-fx foo close-angle, as in a code sample:

yup, vanished. ffs. how am I meant to talk about MXML (i.e. that big Flex project Adobe do) then ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talkign about the HTML Mode vs the full rich text editor?

If so, its not just a plain text mode.  Its HTML mode.  Ergo, it expects html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the considered view of one of Adobe's community experts is that I can either have spell checking but no line breaks, or line breaks but no spell checking ?

Helpfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unfortunate that browser spell checkers dont work in the rich text editor.  I would prefer it.  But, there is a spell checker in the rich text editor.  It works a bit different than a browser checker; but it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" there is a spell checker in the rich text editor"

Only for a limited subset of laugauges, and it certainly doesn't know all the words I've added to my local dictionary. I mean, ColdFusion an Adobe product name confuses it !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine that the spell checker is the general list that the software developers have included. It is customizable tho, so if people want to start a thread for Adobe specific words that should be added to it, John can grab them at some point and plug them in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hpoe Adobe would be up to customising the list themselves !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the considered view of one of Adobe's community experts is that I can either have spell checking but no line breaks, or line breaks but no spell checking ?

no, if you use firefox, you get inline spell checking turned back on when you use the html editor as default. you've got angled brackets (per my post above) and what's this about line breaks? i don't seem to have any problems... if it's a real issue, you can add a <br>... 😉

see? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah. i see what you mean. it IS stripping soft carriage returns when posting. i just had to go back and manually add <br> tags to a post.

not THAT big a deal, but would be nice if it handled them natively... or at the end of a post, before hitting the post message button, you can switch to the rich text view and hit enter a couple times... that's hwat i just did here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't type angle brackets (like > and <) in the non-rich editor. They go the same place as new lines. I hope it's a happy place.

try typing &lt; and &gt; for less than and greater than... like so < and >... (and & gets you and ampersand)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line breaks stripping is especially annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As are the extra line break added when you reply through an email. See: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1893637#1893637

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines