Please!!! More organization of Forum Topics.

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please - break the forums down more (more 'folders'). The infinite list of all discussions makes finding anything relevant almost impossible.
At minimum break things down by version, when having an issue with CS4 I don't need to search through things about CS2.

As it stands the only way to find an issue is with the brute force of a forum search, there's no just looking through to see if there is an active discussion - the signal to noise ratio is too high.

Take a current a discussion, "CS3 and printing to an Epson 7800 (Mac OS10.5)", it's path looks like:
i Support:User to User Forums:Adobe Product Forums:Adobe Photoshop:Photoshop Macintosh

I'd like it to be:
i Support:User to User Forums:Adobe Product Forums:Adobe Photoshop:Photoshop Macintosh:Version CS3:Technical Issues:Printing:Printer Setups

Or something like that - you get the idea.

And while we are at it, the search only needs to return one hit for any given discussion - pages of hits from the same discussion are more than useless.

Thanks and good luck!
BTW I like the look of the new forums, much less primeval!

Niles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please!!! More organization of Forum Topics.

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please - break the forums down more (more 'folders'). The infinite list of all discussions makes finding anything relevant almost impossible.
At minimum break things down by version, when having an issue with CS4 I don't need to search through things about CS2.

As it stands the only way to find an issue is with the brute force of a forum search, there's no just looking through to see if there is an active discussion - the signal to noise ratio is too high.

Take a current a discussion, "CS3 and printing to an Epson 7800 (Mac OS10.5)", it's path looks like:
i Support:User to User Forums:Adobe Product Forums:Adobe Photoshop:Photoshop Macintosh

I'd like it to be:
i Support:User to User Forums:Adobe Product Forums:Adobe Photoshop:Photoshop Macintosh:Version CS3:Technical Issues:Printing:Printer Setups

Or something like that - you get the idea.

And while we are at it, the search only needs to return one hit for any given discussion - pages of hits from the same discussion are more than useless.

Thanks and good luck!
BTW I like the look of the new forums, much less primeval!

Niles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 26, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't matter, Niles.

People frequently post in the wrong forums, don't read FAQ sections that are maintained for the efficient benefit of all, and don't read forum guidelines for how to post questions most effectively...including informative topic titles and a bit about their system, their software version, etc.

It's like the weather. People complain about it all the time, but nobody ever does anything about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "And while we are at it, the search only needs to return one hit for any given discussion - pages of hits from the same discussion are more than useless."

I take it you've never had to wade through a thread that has hundreds of replies, just to find the specific post with info you're pretty sure is contained therein?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2009 0
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post #2:
Better to give people the option then give up before you've begun. And this is a forum for a premium product line Adobe can actually pay people to keep things organized.

Post #3:
Currently you can search within a given thread. Nothing wrong with that. But searching above (hierarchically) that it's really not useful to return multiples of the same thread.

Don't know about you, but 9 times out of 10 it only takes a few seconds to figure out if a particular thread relates to my issue.

Adobe asked for suggestions to improve, not reasons why nothing can be done. Let's not be defeatist!

Thanks for the interest though!

N

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> the forum is also a hangout for experienced users who come here to expand their knowledge and learn new things.

Exactly! My aim in this style of forum is "No red flags".

Won't be so easy in the new ones.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2009 0