Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PM Address Book

Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the secret to adding names to PM Address Book? 

I select Address Book and type in screen name.  When name appears on dropdown list I click on it and list dissappears but nothing added to list.

If I click on the Add Contact button it opens simlar screen and go though same process but no contacts are added.

What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like so much around here..."Why would you expect it to work?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and it worked for me. But it is an odd way to select…

Start typing a name into the box

When you see the name you want in the drop down click on it to select it

Then click on the Add Contact button

Just clicking on the name only selects it, but doesn't add it. You need to click on it to select it and then click the Add Contact button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen shot after I added some names...

Screen shot 2013-02-07 at 9.26.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I was doing.  But when I click on the name on the dropdown list it brings up a warning message - User not added to contact list - user specified was not found.

Using Win7 and Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some issues as well with this, but if I used the pop-up to find/select the users, it worked for me.

To do this, click the Select link, and after a few seconds you'll see a little fake-modal dialog which you can search through.

addressbookselect.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried a lot of variations, will give up on in now as nothing has worked.  Though it might be handy time saver, but spending too much time trying to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey,

I tried the Address Book way, and it works, thank you.

Obviously, it would be nice if it were possible to add someone directly from a PM received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the user have any extended characters in their user name? Or does it happen with all users you try to add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about the upteenth time I got it to work.  The real trick is to get the name to come up on the search without having to page through 80 pages.  It appears the search does not always bring up the name being searched for and you have to page through to find the correct page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the search does leave something to be desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines