• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Post Count Back - Points Next?

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post Counts, and also Reply Numbers are back. I wonder if "Points" will make an appearance, or if they are gone, along with "Salamis?"

Just curious,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

They are scheduled to be brought back in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added a comment about the points on the "Known issues" forum, didn't see this post then - still no contradiction.

Can't see any point in not having points - they don't harm anyone - they don't cost too much, If somebody enters a marathon they like to know in what position they finished (I think so - never entered a marathon myself) even if they came in position 9,435.

The legend still exists ScreenShot015.png

so maybe there's still hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are scheduled to be brought back in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is much harder to get points with the new format.  The much smaller "helpful" and "correct" are just overlooked or ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it more helpful to you to see the number of posts, the number of points, or a graphic (1 star, 2 stars, 3 stars) to show a user's status level?

Or do you need a combination? And if so, what combination?

Right now we see the number of posts and status level under your avatar in the first message in a thread. And then the post count under the avatar and status level next to your name in a response.

Is the date you joined the forums important?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

The date is actually the basis for the rest, so if the other things are to mean anything it should be there, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

For me, the Post Count was important. The Points not nearly so much. The "salamis," well other than as fodder for some humor, here, or there, even less so.

I agree with Jacob on the Date Joined (though mine is off my many years, but such is life).

Thank you,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is quite a bit off, too, Bill.

I joined before the end of the previous millennium, but it says a late summer day in 2006.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion: date joined and number of posts can mean something, while points are almost a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really agree with Claudio (Claudio please don't get offended )

I think points mean quite a bit on the other hand the fact that somebody ask some question one time ago is not that relevant.

Of course combining the date and number of posts does have some meaning but one does see some people (not myself ) who have quite a posts any never answer any body.

I think the points give a competitive element to the forum and encourage people to participate and answer

IN SHORT

A combination of

1) Posts

2) Points

3) Date joined

should keep most people happy

Stars are in my opinion left best in the sky but also wouldn't do any harm as long as there not in place of the 3 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~ Trevor ~ wrote:

I don't really agree with Claudio (Claudio please don't get offended )

Don't worry. I have always thought that it is childish and foolish to get offended if someone disagrees with you.

Points are absolutely irrelevant for me. They didn't change in the least the way I participate in these forums when they were first introduced, or when they disappeared in this last change. And I doubt that there are many who will be encouraged to participate more actively just to earn some more points. Not to count the fact, discussed many times in other threads, that quite often the author of the opening message is not qualified if a given answer is "the" right one. This seems to happen frequently with newcomers who ask questions that have been answered many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... is not qualified to judge if a given answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines