Post marked as answered, by someone, when it is not an answer

Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This thread:

2 of 4 NTFS partitions available for scratch disk

has been marked as answered, by someone other than me (the person who posted the question), when the post marked as an answer bares no resemblance to an answer. There is a post, that is the answer. Is there a way to change the post that was marked as an answer, or to mark the thread as unanswered?

The second to last post by gener7 is the answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

It looks like someone took care of it already.

The answer to your question is that any moderator can help you and unmark a question as answered. The Original Poster should be able to do that as well (in this case, you).

{Also, everyone who answered you on that post is a moderator!}

Does it look okay now?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like someone took care of it already.

The answer to your question is that any moderator can help you and unmark a question as answered. The Original Poster should be able to do that as well (in this case, you).

{Also, everyone who answered you on that post is a moderator!}

Does it look okay now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Hehe. So, I quickly looked at stickies to see if I should know this already, but I didn't find it. How should I contact a moderator? Look for a posting by one and then send them a message?

Yes, what I consider to be the correct answer is now marked as the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's fine to do what you did and write it here. We'll catch it.

It's hard for you to know who is a moderator and who is not, but if you see an "ACP" (Adobe Community Professional) or "MVP" (old system) tag on a person, they will know how to tag a moderator and see that the post is untagged. Sometimes the software (JIVE) automatically tags a post as "Assumed Answered" and they are trying to get that fixed so it stops doing that.

In your particular case, in this one instance, if you had posted on the thread—any one of them would have jumped on it. You had lots of top folks answering you!

But doing it the way you did is fine.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines